[SOLVED] FB Connect and 'Like Box' Conflicts

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #187587 by sailorz
I've been trying to use the FB Connect plugin and an FB Like Box module on the same site. I've attempted to use a couple of different Like Box modules, but they seem to all conflict with FB Connect. With the Like Box modules enabled, the FB Connect login button stops working.

Can anyone recommend a Like Box module that works along side FB Connect?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #187623 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB Connect and 'Like Box' Conflicts
Like Box module is likely loading in Facebook JS API which isn't necessary. All you need is the HTML5 source and not the script. For example place the below in a Custom Joomla module (allows HTML) and ensure CBs login module is rendered on all pages and you'll have a working like box. Aside from that there's no workaround as 3rd party Facebook integrations often are including Facebooks JS API which will cause 1 or the other to stop working properly.
<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="PAGE_URL" data-width="292" data-show-faces="true" data-stream="true" data-header="true"></div>

With the above you'll need to supply the PAGE_URL to the page you want likes displayed from.

You can find more on social plugins below. Please note CB Connect, which as a professional subscriber you have access to, provides Facebook integration and a new social plugin fieldtype allowing easy creation of Facebook Social Plugins as CB Fields.

developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #187647 by sailorz
Replied by sailorz on topic Re: FB Connect and 'Like Box' Conflicts
Thanks for the recommendation. I've switched over to CB Connect. That code worked great. And both appear to coexist peacefully now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn