CB Blogs V 2.2.1 Install Issue / Instructions ??

12 years 3 months ago #187839 by Iamjim
/* CB Blogs V 2.2.1 Install Issue / Instructions ?? */

1) Installed plugin

2) Published/activated it

3) Pressed > Frontend URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbblogs - (Create Menu)

Not sure why, but It was there as first thing in the Plugin

Anyway, It created a NEW menu...not what/where I want it I wanted..

4) Press TOOLS =

:: Blog :: Missing section - 2, 1
:: Config :: Missing blog section - Configuration

Hope that is clear enough please?? Are there any INSTALL procedures to follow?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187858 by krileon
Incubator projects come with no guarantee, technically no support, and no documentation as they're experimental projects. All of this and more is directly explained on the Incubator overview page on forge. This is also explained on the Incubator page here under CB Solutions.

Onto your issue, you need to navigate to CB Blogs > Config > Blogs > CMS and select a Joomla content section/category where CB Blogs will pull its blogs categories from. Example explanation as follows.

Blogs (Section)
- General (Category)
- Sports (Category)
- Games (Category)

With the above "Blogs" selected as your section in CB Blogs when a user creates a new blog post they'll be able to select 1 of the 3 categories (General, Sports, or Games). CB Blogs will then properly store it to Joomlas content tables when they save.

Alternatively you can set the Model in CB Blogs to "Internal" and use CB Blogs own database tables. You specify categories for it under Blogs > Internal as a comma separated list.

The create menu link generates an internal Joomla menu link. You can move it wherever you want. The reason for this is CB Blogs isn't a Joomla extension so a internal menu item via XML structure as normally isn't possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187869 by Iamjim
Kyle, first off...thank you for the reply...and hoping to get this resolved...<smile>

re: Onto your issue, you need to navigate to CB Blogs > Config > Blogs > CMS and select a Joomla content section/category where CB Blogs will pull its blogs categories from. Example explanation as follows.

OK, In Joomla 1.7.3 Created New Category > Blogs (and saved)

THEN? I went in and did your above

Now, You said "section" ?? Am I correct in saying there is no longer Sections created in 1.7.3? (1.6+??)

OK, so I did the above, had the Category I named simply "Blogs"

I went into my logged in CB profile, and tried to "Create Blog+
/index.php/cb-blogs/pluginclass?plugin=cbblogs&action=blogs&func=new

But, Category Drop down is not there?

Also, I DID NOT have a Main Menu Item ...so I just created it and assigned = Menu Type > Category Blog and selected "Blogs" (save-close)

Now, back to Login Site > CB > My Profile > Blog and then again TRY to Create Blog...

Still no Category to select?

Jim

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187897 by krileon
Joomla 1.7 doesn't have Sections, so a Category will be used to act as a Section. In J1.7 you should do the below.

Joomla > Content > New Category > Title > "Blogs" > Save
Joomla > Content > New Category > Title > "General" > Parent > "Blogs" > Save

The above gives you a Blogs category and 1 sub-category (General) of it.

Within CB Blogs > Config > Blogs > CMS you'd select "Blogs" as your "Section" from the drop-down.

The reason you don't have any categories is because you never created any. You just created the top level "Section".

Also, I DID NOT have a Main Menu Item ...so I just created it and assigned = Menu Type > Category Blog and selected "Blogs" (save-close)

That's not a menu link to CB Blogs. When you click "Create Menu" it generates a internal menu link to CB Blogs in the new menutype "Incubator" and you can then move that link wherever you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn