[SOLVED] custom CB menu help

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187876 by jakobe75
[SOLVED] custom CB menu help was created by jakobe75
I have been struggling with this for a while and have given up a few times..but now I really need to get it sorted.

I want to build a custom CB menu.

I have tried the menu settings and "menu list ul-li-spans"
seems to look nice....but its the only one that looks nice, the others are not appropriate for my site and I cannot use anything that relies on a hover or rollover effect as tablets cant use this function effectively.

and although some of those are great , I dont need all of them so editing out many of those items would be nice to do as well.

I have created a menu in the past but was never satisfied with it.

here is an example of my code.

[menu style="color:black;" caption="Edit Your Profile" img=""] _UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEPROFILE [/menu]

[menu style="color:black;" caption="View Your Profile" img=""] _UE_MENU_VIEW : _UE_MENU_VIEWMYPROFILE[/menu]

[menu style="color:black;" caption="Manage Friends" img=""] _UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_MENU_MANAGEMYCONNECTIONS [/menu]

[menu style="color:black;" caption="Add as Friend" img=""]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTIONREQUEST [/menu]

This gives me....
(on MY profile)
Edit Your Profile
Manage Friends

(on anothers profile)
Edit Your Profile
View Your Profile
Manage Friends
Add as Friend

This does create a basic list....but there are options missing that I would like to have.

Ideally I want it in two plain text columns which I could probably achieve with a table or something.

But I need to know the CB menu commands and how to edit them.

can somebody give me some advice or refer me to the page in the latest manual for 1.7.1

examples:

(on the owners profile)

- edit profile
- change image
- manage connections
- message inbox

(on a viewers profile)

- add friend
- remove friend
- send message
- your profile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187891 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re: custom CB menu help
I tried using the built in CBmenu system.

and the screen shot attached are my results after messing wiht the CSS in the CB template a bit.

and while this list looks nice.

there is too much info on the screen. It is eating up precious screen space.

In this screencap I am viewing another persons profile. Of which I am not friends with yet.

I dont need to see the things that control my own profile.

How can I pick and choose which things get shown?

I understand that I may have to modify:
plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php

and thats fine...just a little guidance on how to achieve this.

thanks
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #187894 by jakobe75
oh and one more thing...when using the menu style with these icons...and you add a second custom menu link as defined in the CBtab settings.

"2nd submenu name"

the name shows up and appears without an icon.

see attached.
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #187899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: custom CB menu help
I recommend keeping the display you've set then simply use CSS to hide links you don't want. There's no removing them without editing core code, which I can't help you with. The below CSS for example will remove "View Your Profile", "Update Your Profile", "Update Your Image" links.
.cbMenu_UE_MENU_VIEWMYPROFILE,
.cbMenu_UE_UPDATEPROFILE,
.cbMenu_UE_UPDATEAVATAR {
	display: none;
}

Please inspect the menu with Firebug to see any further classes if you want to remove others.

the name shows up and appears without an icon.

Working as intended as those icons are from CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #187909 by jakobe75
thanks..I will mess with it for a bit today, I have to get some of these menu items off here. They just seem out of place to me.

I want to hide the things that a user doesnt need on their or their friends profile but obviously still allow them to appear on the pages that they should appear.

I dont undersatand the missing icon?...You say its its working as intended.
Submenu 1 has a little question mark icon..you would think that submenu item 2 would also get one as well.

Due to the nature of the way the icons are displayed..its not just a matter of adding an icon, you have to rebuild the whole icon set then most likely reposition each entry in css since the image size/position has has changed. An also add code to define that icon as well.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/dark/images/mini-icons/cbicons.png

It would have been much much easier for the end user if an icon was just included to begin with.

an average user will not be able to complete this task and will be left with a menu item missing an icon if they need to add a 2nd custom link.

attached is a screencap of my backend settings.
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #187913 by jakobe75
hiding the entries in the css for this CB template (dark) only seems to hide the icons.

it doesnt hide the menu entry.

What file should I modify to do this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn