Field does not allow to enter info

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188382 by val1723
Field does not allow to enter info was created by val1723
Hello,

This is the first time I run into this issue and I don't know what else to do.

I just brought my 1.6 upgraded site live - yes, I am aware I should upgrade to 1.7, but I am waiting to try and tweak the template I worked on for months to do the site on 1.6...

In the meantime, I am having an issue with the date of birth field. I have it set as required because it is an art site and there are some nude images not all parents would agree with. The field was working fine, and I am unsure of what happened, but now it doesn't allow to enter any information. The cursor can be placed at the beginning of the field, but then nothing happens, no calendar pop-up, no typing.

There are no strange settings on the field, it is set to public access, published, etc.

I noticed something on Firebug, that seems could be causing the issue. But I am unsure of where that setting comes from. The field is not set to "read only" yet ---- Note "readonly" ----
<input type="text" value="" id="cb_birthdate" readonly="readonly" name="cb_birthdate" moslabel="Date of Birth" mosreq="1" class="inputbox required">

Any ideas? I even deleted it and tried to generate it again (losing some data I will have to restore)

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188389 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Field does not allow to enter info
most likely something is breaking javascript on your pages - inspect with firefox error console to find error.

12 years 3 months ago #188400 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re: Field does not allow to enter info
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response. I inspected and the only error I found was the following:

jQuery.validator is undefined
theworldartistnetwork.org/en/component/comprofiler/registers
Line 48

I tried locating that file to look into the line indicated, but was unable to.

What can I do to try and correct it?

12 years 3 months ago #188425 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field does not allow to enter info
I see you're protesting SOPA, which is fantastic, but I can't view your site to debug your issue unfortunately. When possible please test with default Joomla template and confirm if issue still preset as often it's a jQuery conflict from the Joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188573 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re: Field does not allow to enter info
Hi Kyle,

Sorry about that, the timing just worked out that way.

You are right, a different template pops-up the calendar with no problem.

Where in a template would it be logical to find this error to attempt to fix it? How should I go about it?

Thanks!
-Val

PS- the site is back online, so if you have a chance to do so, you should be able to see it.

12 years 3 months ago #188577 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field does not allow to enter info
Your template is loading jQuery 1.4 directly after CB has prepared jQuery 1.5. This is causing them to conflict. If possible disable jQuery loading from your template if it offers the capability. Otherwise you'll need to contact your template developer for possible solutions. The file being loaded is as follows.

/templates/theme769/javascript/jquery-1.4.2.min.js

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn