"Please select a file before uploading"

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188435 by thomastreutler
"Please select a file before uploading" was created by thomastreutler
Guys, this can't be true! Please! I did have this problem before: Profile Image did not upload. Nobody could help so I re-installed everything again. Worked for a while until I installed the CB Event module ... ! Impossible to upload Profile Image. Please help! If this can possibly be solved by the procedure described here (selfsolved.com/problems/community-builder-file-uploads-through-account-e) could someone from the CB Team kindly help me to do this on my site?!

Thomas.

Joomla version: 1.5.24
CB version : 1.7.1
PHP Version 5.2.17

In order to avoid having previous recommendations repeated:
- CB Config - Images:
- GD2 Library - detected, bundled
- Image - yes
- Image upload - yes
- CB Config - Moderation:
- Approve User by Moderator - no
- Approval for Images - no

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: "Please select a file before uploading"
Based off your issue ticket you have AEC installed? We use valid PHP methods for uploading. Whatever AEC does to interfere with that we can not fix. I've no idea what "CB Event" module is either; could you please be more specific?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188463 by thomastreutler
Replied by thomastreutler on topic Re: "Please select a file before uploading"
Thank you for your prompt reply.

- What is AEC?
- CB Event referred to the Eventlist Component (www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/calendars/events/community-builder-eventlist-my-events--user-events--plugin-15)

Best,

Thomas.

12 years 3 months ago #188465 by krileon

- What is AEC?

An extension to control access. It tends to be very intrusive, but made the assumption based off the URL you supplied.

- CB Event referred to the Eventlist Component (www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directo...er-events--plugin-15)

We're not that plugins developer. Does disabling the plugin resolve the problem for you? If so please contact the plugins developer for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188467 by thomastreutler
Replied by thomastreutler on topic Re: "Please select a file before uploading"
Kyle,

Thanks for the clarification.

- Yes, I use RSfirewall ... however, everything worked fine before.
- Eventlist ist de-installed

I will try to disable and re-install several components again and see what is happening there.
How about the critical remark in the attached post. Can the CB Team update the image upload, based on their recommendation? selfsolved.com/problems/community-builde...ds-through-account-e

Best,

Thomas.

12 years 3 months ago #188477 by krileon

- Yes, I use RSfirewall ... however, everything worked fine before.

I didn't say anything in regards to RSFirewall, but it's possible it could be blocking the posts.

- Eventlist ist de-installed

I wasn't referring to eventlist, but to "CB Events" which you mentioned this problem only showed after installing it.

How about the critical remark in the attached post. Can the CB Team update the image upload, based on their recommendation? selfsolved.com/problems/community-builde...ds-through-account-e

We use standard PHP methods for uploads; we've no plans to change that to suit poor coding from 3rd party extensions. No extension should be hijacking CB or PHP global $_FILES (that's bad practice). The above is an issue from AEC, which you do not even have installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn