Problems with groups, categories and users

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189495 by degard
Hi,

- first problem:

I created a new category and a nwe group for this category (see attachments "120128_kategorie_3.gif" and "120128_group3.gif"). But both are not shown in the kunena forum to registered users.

Why?

(the general rules all allow access.)

- second problem

Thean I put a user through inserting his ID to a another group.

Why is in the userlist in the column "user" not his name or id shown?
When there are many users, it will be impossible to find a user without opening every single user entry.

- third problem

Why are the users of the groups are not shows with there user names (see attachment "120128_userlist.gif")

- fourth problem

I sent an invitation to a user, but it is NOT shown in the profile under "my invitations".

Why??

Bests Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189615 by krileon

I created a new category and a nwe group for this category (see attachments "120128_kategorie_3.gif" and "120128_group3.gif"). But both are not shown in the kunena forum to registered users.

Why?

They only show to users who are a member of that group or are a site moderator.

When there are many users, it will be impossible to find a user without opening every single user entry.

You likely don't have formatname field configured correctly. It must be enabled and displayed on profile as well as on a public and published tab. The tab however can be in a "not shown on profile" position. Running GJ tools will tell you this issue.

Why are the users of the groups are not shows with there user names (see attachment "120128_userlist.gif")

See my reply to last question, same issue.

I sent an invitation to a user, but it is NOT shown in the profile under "my invitations".

Why??

No idea; is the invite showing under the Invites tab of the group you sent it from? Does it show in backend on the Invites list? There are a few permission bugs in GJ 2.4 currently, but are resolved with next release (GJ 2.5 RC1 is scheduled to release later today).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189726 by degard

krileon wrote:

Why?

They only show to users who are a member of that group or are a site moderator.

Now there are shown! Maybe also a problem of the cache(?)

krileon wrote:

You likely don't have formatname field configured correctly. It must be enabled and displayed on profile as well as on a public and published tab. The tab however can be in a "not shown on profile" position. Running GJ tools will tell you this issue.

I configured in CB > configuration > general "Format des Names" "only name".
.. so the name should be shown or not? (see attachment "310112_configuration_userna.gif")

krileon wrote:

Why??

No idea; is the invite showing under the Invites tab of the group you sent it from?

yes (see attachment "120131_invit2.gif")
But the invites is not shown in the user profile (see attachment "120131_invit3.gif")

krileon wrote: Does it show in backend on the Invites list?

yes (see attachment "120131_invitations.gif"[/quote]

krileon wrote: There are a few permission bugs in GJ 2.4 currently, but are resolved with next release (GJ 2.5 RC1 is scheduled to release later today).

So, what is it all about if it does not work?
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #189740 by krileon

Now there are shown! Maybe also a problem of the cache(?)

Possible, cache is always causing out of date data; I very much dislike using cache and recommend no one use it. I've built in caching for GJs functions to help improve performance (avoids out of date data).

I configured in CB > configuration > general "Format des Names" "only name".
.. so the name should be shown or not? (see attachment "310112_configuration_userna.gif")

That configurations how the name will display. The formatname field is found in CB > Field Management and it must be on a public and published tab.

yes (see attachment "120131_invit2.gif")
But the invites is not shown in the user profile (see attachment "120131_invit3.gif")

It doesn't show invites to you. It shows invites from you. Invites to you tab is introduced with GJ 2.5.

So, what is it all about if it does not work?

It works fine, there's just a few bugs. All of which are fixed with next release (GJ 2.5 RC1 is scheduled to release today).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189762 by degard

krileon wrote:

It doesn't show invites to you. It shows invites from you. Invites to you tab is introduced with GJ 2.5.

Perhaps this was the wrong sreenshot. In the sreenshot of the testuser-profile (see attachment "120131_invi4.gif") you see, that there is no invites seen.

How does this work?
What has to be installed? In my tab list there is no invites-tab.(?)
How do I let the pms run? In my plugin-List is a plugin called "Private Message System".
Will User automatically be informed by the cb pms, when there is an answer to a subscribed post in the kunena-form?

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #189817 by krileon
GJ 2.5 RC1 is released (available in the Professional downloads section) to professional/developer subscribers, please upgrade and you should see a lot of your issues now resolved.

How does this work?

You send an invite, user receives it (either email or PMS, depends on configuration or if they're registered already or not), they review it, click the link to join.

What has to be installed? In my tab list there is no invites-tab.(?)

All GJ tabs are nested under the Groups tab, you control them via GJ > Config > Tabs.

How do I let the pms run? In my plugin-List is a plugin called "Private Message System".

Please review your CB documentation for setting up and configuring PMS for your CB install (available in the Advanced downloads section).

Will User automatically be informed by the cb pms, when there is an answer to a subscribed post in the kunena-form?

CB has nothing to do with Kunena forum subscriptions, but no Kunena sends an email.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn