[SOLVED] Display labels when using substitutions

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189712 by apessoa
Hello

System:
CB 1.7.1
J! 1.7.3
Latest versions of the plugins installed

I'm trying to use CB content bot and substitutions to render tabs separately for editing the profile, as per the instructions here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/187703-solved-new-views-for-the-frontend

However, I'm only getting the actual fields, without any labels.
I've searched the substitutions tutorials but haven't found any solution.

Can someone point me to the right direction?

thanks in advance and best regards,
alex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display labels when using substitutions
Substitutions in articles need to be surrounded with {cb:} (e.g. {cb:[username]}).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189772 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic Re: Display labels when using substitutions
Hi Kyle

Thanks for the reply. I didn't explain my question well enough.

The substitutions work, you had already explained me the "trick" of {cb:...}, the point is that when I use it (in this case {cb:[cb:usertab tab="34" user="#displayedOrMe" output="htmledit" /]} ) I get the tab fields to edit, which is OK, but I don't get the fields labels.

Please see the two attached screenshots:
- one is standard profile edit, which has fields and the respective labels, but has all the tabs, which is what I'm trying to avoid;
- the other is one tab accessed via substitutions, using the above command. The tab is isolated, which is what i'm looking for, but it renders only the fields themselves and not their labels (their descriptions).

What I'm looking for is to have the fields and respective labels for each tab using substitutions.

I've tried all possible combinations of the parameters described in your tutorials (www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/236-substituting-tabs-into-fields ; www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage ) but can't get it to display both the fields in edit mode and the respective field labels, so that a user understands what each field accounts for.

Thanks in advance for your help
Alex
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #189804 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display labels when using substitutions
I see, please try the below.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="34" user="#displayedOrMe" output="htmledit" formatting="table" /]}

If the above doesn't work, please also try the following.

{cb:[cb:usertab tab="34" user="#displayedOrMe" output="htmledit" formatting="table" reason="register" /]}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 3 months ago #189810 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic Re: Display labels when using substitutions
:cheer: Perfect

Thanks a lot.Please consider this closed :laugh:

12 years 3 months ago #189812 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Display labels when using substitutions
By the way, what is the difference with reason "register" and "profile" ?
Does it mean, it will show only fields with active backend checkboxes, i.e. show on register, show on profile etc.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn