[SOLVED] Talent management and scoring

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189819 by michelgofman
[SOLVED] Talent management and scoring was created by michelgofman
Hello everyone
I am trying to manage a sort of sports club federation.
This implies and advanced user management, club members and their activities (we use Jevents), trainers and managers with activities and talents.

This management can be done manually, adding fields and tabs, but it would be nice to automate a bit more. For instance we may compute scores from different variable or event participations.

I have looked at AUP, it is very interesting but computes only one score.
There is also your field/query extension complex and risk if the structure moves.

Did you come across such requirements already? Could you advise me?
Sorry if unclear.

Thanks in advance. I know how fast you can be.
Friendly :P
Mike

MG Developpement : un point d'appui pour changer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Talent management and scoring
If the users activity is stored in the database you could use incubator project CB Query Field to perform database select queries to calculate various scores. Other then that AUP is probably your best bet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michelgofman

12 years 3 months ago #189842 by michelgofman
Replied by michelgofman on topic Re: Talent management and scoring
Thanks for taking time and answering so fast.
I guess I should read about CB Query in the developper section.
While I at it is it possible to have different tabs according to user groups?
Merci
Michel

12 years 3 months ago #189845 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Talent management and scoring

While I at it is it possible to have different tabs according to user groups?

Yes, by editing tabs within Tab Management and changing the access. This however affects profile view and profile edit. So the user would need the appropriate usergroup to see and edit such a tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189849 by michelgofman
Replied by michelgofman on topic Re: Talent management and scoring
Ok, I have enough to test a little.
Thanks
Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn