CBSubs Add-to-Cart Function

12 years 3 months ago #189916 by drdehart
CBSubs Add-to-Cart Function was created by drdehart
Do I understand correctly from the forums that 1. CBSubs has no add-to-cart function that would allow us to bundle merchandise sales; and that 2. That functionality is in development and coming soon?

We are currently using CBSubs, but trying to decide whether to find another solution that will enable this capability on one of our sites.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189942 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs Add-to-Cart Function

Do I understand correctly from the forums that 1. CBSubs has no add-to-cart function that would allow us to bundle merchandise sales;

Correct, it's a subscription manager and not a digital store. For that you should use VirtueMart.

and that 2. That functionality is in development and coming soon?

We've discussed it internally and sometime in the future we'd like a full shopping cart, but it's not a priority at this time.

We are currently using CBSubs, but trying to decide whether to find another solution that will enable this capability on one of our sites.

Wouldn't wait on such a feature. The best digital store solution for Joomla is VirtueMart and with VM2 having released it's probably the only solution. CBSubs can also interact with VM1/2. CB Auto Actions can as well. This allows you to for example give users discounts for subscribing to a CBSubs plan by placing them in say a 10% discounted VirtueMart shopper group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189954 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: CBSubs Add-to-Cart Function
yes - we've done some VM stores, but they seemed to fall apart with the transition to J1.6/1.7. With the new release, we'll give it another look. The main problem is maintenance; as you know each component that is added to a site brings along its own maintenance baggage, so fewer is better. Since we already have CBSubs as an e-commerce component on the site, the preferable situation would be for it to handle all e-commerce.

Just my $0.02. :)

12 years 3 months ago #189959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs Add-to-Cart Function
I understand, but just for subscription management alone it has taken years to develop. Trying to add a complete shopping cart frontend is another very large task on its own. We'd like to have such a feature, but ideally we need what CBSubs was specifically designed for to be where we feel it should be. This isn't saying we're not going to have a shopping cart is in reality it's half-implemented as what we refer to as "baskets". We definitely have plans for such a feature and have had numerous internal discussions regarding it. I just don't recommend waiting for such a feature as I can't tell you even remotely if/when it'd be available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn