[SOLVED] Various Problems (search - groupjive - events)

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189928 by paintek
Ok i've got some problem:
1st: How i can do a "groupsearch" inside groupjive? i've found this component but is for joomla 1.5... it will work with 1.7? it's work fine? i don't want to create problem to my site becouse it's almoust finished! ( www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/community-building/searching/groupjive-search-plugin )

2nd: I wanna make possible for the registered user to create group to the frontend, i had make the change in the configuration but nothing... why? (conflict with other module?) see the attachments image
& also, how i can edit the layout of the groupjive section?

3rd: I wanna create a sort of "facebook events", created by admin (i've tried jevent) but with the possibility of join the event by the users... what can i do?

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189947 by krileon

1st: How i can do a "groupsearch" inside groupjive? i've found this component but is for joomla 1.5... it will work with 1.7? it's work fine? i don't want to create problem to my site becouse it's almoust finished! ( www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory/community-building/searching/groupjive-search-plugin )

Navigate to a category that has groups then use the search input box. Yes, it works fine on any CMS version that CB does (so yes it works on J1.7).

2nd: I wanna make possible for the registered user to create group to the frontend, i had make the change in the configuration but nothing... why? (conflict with other module?) see the attachments image

Have the user navigate to a category and click "New Group" on the categories menu. If the link is missing then edit the category and ensure "Create" is set to "Enabled". There is global configuration then there's also category by category configure. Please ensure you're using GJ 2.5 RC1 (available in Professional downloads section) as GJ 2.4 has a bug that resets "Create" back to "Disabled" everytime you edit a category.

& also, how i can edit the layout of the groupjive section?

It's purely template based. You can change the frontend templates from the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

3rd: I wanna create a sort of "facebook events", created by admin (i've tried jevent) but with the possibility of join the event by the users... what can i do?

Not sure what this has to do with GJ? CB has no event extension. GJ events are specific to a group so you must have the GJ events integration installed then navigate to a group and utilize the Events tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189978 by paintek
Krileon... TNX FOR ALL!!! yes, i can't create group from frontend for the category option (so much work make me stupid!)! tnx also for the review of the search module!

for the event there are some in plane about this??? the only extension i've founded it's eventlist... but it's not official supported in joomla 1.7!

ps. tnx also for your great contribute to CB!

12 years 3 months ago #190031 by krileon

for the event there are some in plane about this??? the only extension i've founded it's eventlist... but it's not official supported in joomla 1.7!

Not that I am aware. JEvents is J1.7 compatible and free; maybe give it a try for your event needs?

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/calendars-a-events/events/events-calendars/95

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190040 by jojo12

eventlist... but it's not official supported in joomla 1.7!

That's not true! eventlist 1.0.2 stable is officially supported for joomla 1.7 +
and it works really fine. You find it here:
www.jlv-solutions.com/downloads/eventlist/194-el-1-0-2-for-j1

12 years 3 months ago #190050 by paintek

jojo12 wrote:

eventlist... but it's not official supported in joomla 1.7!

That's not true! eventlist 1.0.2 stable is officially supported for joomla 1.7 +
and it works really fine. You find it here:
www.jlv-solutions.com/downloads/eventlist/194-el-1-0-2-for-j1

!!! in the jed it's not signed!!!

tnx, i will try!

ps. jevents it's a good extension & i've tried it but it's not possible to invite your users to the event (like the FB event!)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn