accessing field contents using URL integration

12 years 3 months ago #189933 by philhfr
Hi

I'm on Joomla 1.7.3 and CB-Subs 1.2.2, but am not yet live (will wait for CB-Subs 1.3). Following on from post #184005 about using URL integration to pass subscriber details to our apps running in the ‘cloud’, I’ve been testing URL integration, and am having difficulty getting some field contents.

I can get username, firstname, lastname, email, and planid OK.

But I can’t get [item_alias] and [expiry] to present any field contents.
I also can’t get the contents of a new cb field [cb_geogarea] that I’ve created in the CB fields tab (and collect successfully on registration).
Finally, how can I get the hashed content of the password field? [password] doesn’t seem to produce anything.

e.g. if I have a URL setup for a new subscription of:
app.cloudapp.net/sendmsge.aspx?reason=4&alias=[ITEM_ALIAS]&date=[EXPIRY]&password=[PASSWORD]&checkno=123456
My cloud app gets
reason=4&alias=%5BITEM_ALIAS%5D&date=%5BEXPIRY%5D&password=%5BPASSWORD%5D&checkno=123456

Again, many thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this
Phil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189952 by krileon
Not all plan substitutions are available. Those that are it states directly which are at the very top of the URL integration.

"[plan_id], [subscription_id], and where applicable (replaced by a 0 if not available): [replaced_plan_id], [parent_plan_id], [parent_subscription_id]"

You can't substitute password during CBSubs, it's probably always going to be hashed or blank. If you're trying to synchronize users you should do so with CB Auto Actions and use the after registration or after login triggers where password is still cleartext temporarily.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190002 by philhfr
Hi Kyle

OK – thanks for the clarification – I’d incorrectly assumed that all fields would be available (i.e. that “CB user fields can be substituted” included the additional plan fields).

On password fields, I’d have been happy with the hashed field, but have downloaded CB Auto Actions and will try working with that.

But are user-defined fields available as well? As noted above, I also can’t get the contents of a new cb field [cb_geogarea] that I’ve created in the CB fields tab (and collect successfully on registration).

Cheers
Phil

12 years 3 months ago #190006 by nant
CB fields should be supported as substitutions.

However please note Kyle's comment on password field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn