[#3240] GJ 2.5 rc bugs

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190156 by GTvB
[#3240] GJ 2.5 rc bugs was created by GTvB
Hello,

1. The editor (CKeditor) does not work with links in the above message for notifications.I was not able to put a link on BE configuration into the text.

2. A above message is not added anywhere to the message text using E-Mail notification.

3. I added subject- and messagetext to my language file (german). The German umlauts (ö,ü ...) will be migrated in the message text but not in the subject text for notifications via E-Mail (&oouml;)

GTvB

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190168 by GTvB
Replied by GTvB on topic Re: GJ 2.5 rc bugs
2. Ok, I noticed, that the above texts are not ment to work for the meassage within the E-Mail. Ist's just a description for FE.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190184 by GTvB
4. The main problem. I tested the wall notifications (e.g. new post and so on) with a small group (3 members)on my website with EMail notification. It works fine and still does. But there are grops (many mebers), where it does not work. No EMail is sent to anybody. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong ?

GTvB

Edit : On my site configuration I selected PHP-Mail.I have the feeling, that it has do do something with the amount of mails of the same type, that has to be sent.When I answer to a post, the owner of the post gets the reply mail (1 mail). The new post mail is not sent (many mails). With my small testing group it works for both mail types.

GTvB
Joomla 1.7.3
CB 1.7.1
GJ 2.5 rc

12 years 3 months ago #190200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ 2.5 rc bugs

1. The editor (CKeditor) does not work with links in the above message for notifications.I was not able to put a link on BE configuration into the text.

HTML is cleaned, if you don't allow certain tags within CB > Configuration > User Profile then they'll be removed. Aside from that nothing more to advise as I don't test or use CKEditor; I only test default Joomla and JCE.

3. I added subject- and messagetext to my language file (german). The German umlauts (ö,ü ...) will be migrated in the message text but not in the subject text for notifications via E-Mail (&oouml;)

Don't understand your issue. Please clarify further and if possible provide screenshot of what the email looks like when you receive it.

4. The main problem. I tested the wall notifications (e.g. new post and so on) with a small group (3 members)on my website with EMail notification. It works fine and still does. But there are grops (many mebers), where it does not work. No EMail is sent to anybody. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong ?

It's not selective. The people who don't receive a notification is the owner of the post and the one making the post (to prevent admin edits from emailing the owner of the post for example). If some users don't receive a notification then chances are they're not configured to receive one.

Edit : On my site configuration I selected PHP-Mail.I have the feeling, that it has do do something with the amount of mails of the same type, that has to be sent.When I answer to a post, the owner of the post gets the reply mail (1 mail). The new post mail is not sent (many mails). With my small testing group it works for both mail types.

It's possible your webhost has a mail per hour limitation or something of the sort. Please also check spam boxes of your test users as it's possible the emails are being classified as spam. I'm confused by your testing process; you explained it doesn't work, then it works once for owner, then it works fine again.. please be more specific as to what the issue is, how the notifications are configured, how many users you're testing, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190224 by GTvB
Ok I try it once more :blush:

4. Notifications for wall posts are very very important for my website, because I want to get many of my users from Facebook to my website. And so I need wall notification first.

I installed GJ 2.5 rc on my website and did several German language file changes.
Lets look at two groups of my website.

Group1 = G1 with 3 users U1, U2 and U3 (My testgroup)
Group2 = G2 with many users including U1, U2 and U3
The EMails for users U1, U2 and U3 are under my control.

The first thing I tested : Notification for new wall posts in G1. This workls fine in G1.

So I decided to inform all users of G2 with a wall post in G2, that new wall post notification is ok. But with this post, nobody gets a notification (I think that nobody gets it, because U1, U2 and U3 did not get a notification). At this time I wrote my post 4. in this forum.

But I went on testing in G1 the reply to wall post notifications. This works fine too in G1. The owner of the post gets a reply notification, the not-owner of the post gets a new post notification.

Then I decided to inform users of G2 with a reply to my first post about the not working of new post notification. I replied to my own post. I (owner) got a reply notification, the other users did not get a new post notification (I think that nobody gets it, because U1, U2 and U3 did not get a notification).

So I think, every time, when many mails are to be sent, no mail is sent (This is my theory). I phoned with my webhoster today. He told me about a 30 seconds timeout restriction for php-scripts. Maybe this causes the problem, what do you think ?

GTvB

3. I well sent you screenshots today in the evening

12 years 3 months ago #190237 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ 2.5 rc bugs
Users must select what notifications they want to receive. This is on a Category by Category and Group by Group basis. What they configure in Group1 has no relation to what is configured on Group2.

The only bug with the above is you received a notification for replying to your own post, which I've fixed for next release.

Your host is talking about timeout limit, which is not what is happening. It's simply a misconfiguration of your users in those groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn