combine 2 fields for one selection

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190607 by gewerbetrend
combine 2 fields for one selection was created by gewerbetrend
Hi Joomlapolis!

I like to combine more fields in the field manager. What is meaning:
For a sport portal I like to create a menu, with them the user can select 2 options in one combination:

Your Sport = drop down list with defined values (soccer, volleyball, table tennis....)
Your Level = drop down list with defined values (hobby, expert, professionell...)

With this should the user able to select more different sports with the correct level for each one.
The second field is therefore dependent on the sport (first field).

In the view I like to see one list with all entrys, no different tabs for each.

Is this possible with CB? If yes: how?

Thanks in advance and regards
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190619 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: combine 2 fields for one selection
So you want "Your Sport" and "Your Level" to duplicate it self automatically? If so no that's not possible. You'll need to create the 2 fields multiple times. If you're wanting to show "Your Level" after "Your Sport" is selected then you can do that with CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190694 by gewerbetrend
Replied by gewerbetrend on topic Re: combine 2 fields for one selection
Hi krileon,

thanks for your answer. I think it was explained bad.
I like to create a list for each user. In the list can the user select 5 different sports. To each sport he have to select the level.
Later I like to create a search where I can search the expliziet sport and a level. That means, I have 5 rows, in each rows 2 fields

Row 1 [Field 1] Sport: Soccer [Field 2] Level: expert
Row 2 [Field 1] Sport: Golf [Field 2] Level: Profi
Row 3 [Field 1] Sport: Jogging [Field 2] Level: newbie

Other users should be able to search other users with special parameters, t.e: Search all users with sport Golf and level Profi. The fields Sport and Level are defined in the Userprofile. Hope it's explained better now.

Thaks and Regards
Andy

12 years 3 months ago #190715 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: combine 2 fields for one selection
Ah, I see. You can combine fields using substitutions in a delimiter field. What you'll do is put the sport/level fields on a tab that is in a not shown on profile position then you'll use a delimiter field to actually display their sport and level. Example as follows.

Sport: [cb_sport1] Level: [cb_level1]
Sport: [cb_sport2] Level: [cb_level2]
Sport: [cb_sport3] Level: [cb_level3]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gewerbetrend

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn