Need help with the Facebook connect, not working..

12 years 3 months ago #190609 by jose_ugs
I have an issue with the Facebook connect, i am using the CB Virtuemart Action as well and maybe this is what made the FB connect stop working.
What i experience is, once i click on the FB login, i see the pop-up asking for credentials, then the website "refreshes" and no login is made. I have checked the registered users, but there are no new entries.
Tried to register a new user using the regular "Register" and it works.
Help on this one? I can provide access, etc...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190610 by krileon
Please switch to default Joomla template then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done test login via FBC and review any on-screen fatal errors (don't need query log at bottom of page).

Please also provide Joomla, CB, and FBC versions. If not done so already please upgrade to FBC 1.8.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190612 by jose_ugs
Hi Krileon, i have opened up a ticket, #968216. Would you like to continue the conversation here or using the ticket?

12 years 3 months ago #190616 by jose_ugs
Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1 and FBC 1.8
I get the regular error: Please provide a valid username and password ...

12 years 3 months ago #190620 by krileon

Hi Krileon, i have opened up a ticket, #968216. Would you like to continue the conversation here or using the ticket?

Here is fine as others can benefit. Tickets are best used for urgent critical issues; this being neither.

I get the regular error: Please provide a valid username and password ...

Looks like your Facebook profile data isn't being retrieved. Do you have heavy privacy on your Facebook account? As it's possible you maybe blocking API the ability to access details such as name. Do you have another Facebook account to test to see if you experience same results on a separate account?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190621 by jose_ugs
@#%#@$% ... Correct! I have created a new/test FB account and everything seems fine so far... 10x!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn