[SOLVED] showing Avatar in on Activity page

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190678 by creezi
Joomla 2.5
CB 1.7.1.

I know this is a SuperActivity2 issue, but perhaps someone here could help, since I am not getting any help from the developers of SuperActivity. And I have been trying for over a week now.

I have the user avatar placed in the left side of my page, using the content module. This is working fine. But for some reason, the avatar does not show up on the SuperActivity2 page. I have searched everything, but can't find the problem. Anyone out there that has any clue perhaps?

Or perhaps someone knows how to show the avatar in a module position, using a different method?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190711 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: showing Avatar in on Activity page
Does the avatar show up on every page but for superactivity2 page? For example your home page (a non-CB page). What is the substitution you're using to display the avatar? Does the CB login module if displayed on superactivity2 page display the avatar if configured to always display avatar? There's really nothing we can do regarding superacitivity2, we can't provide support for something we didn't develop.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190722 by creezi
Replied by creezi on topic Re: showing Avatar in on Activity page
Dear Krileon,

Thanks for your reply. I understand you can't offer support for SuperActivity2. I was only hoping that someone would recognize the problem or has some idea of what could cause this problem.

To answer your questions:

The avatar does indeed show up on all pages (also the homepage), but not on the superactivity2 page.

The CB Login module is displayed in my header, with avatar, and is shown on all pages. This module with avatar, IS visible in the superactivity2 page.

Substitution used: [cb:usertab tab="20" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

I have also tried this with the field value 'avatar'. And I tried Userdata field:avatar. When I do this. On all pages, the link to the avatar is shown. On the SuperActivity2 page, only the text "xxxUserdata field:avatar xx etc" is shown. So it looks like the link to the avatar is missing. I actually don't get why this should be different to the link to the small avatar in the login module.

Since the login module and superactivity2, use the avatar: tnnophoto_n.png and in the tab and field value, there is a link to the avatar: nophoto_n.png. I assume there is something wrong with the link to that avatar in SuperActivity2.

But, when I alter the settings of SuperActivity2, to only show users own activities, the avatar does show. When I change it to show ALL activities, the avatar does not show.
Could there be a conflict with showing all the activities and the link to the current logged in user?

Is there possibly a way to make a direct link to the avatar in the database? Or is there a way to make a 'if' substitution. If user has an uploaded avatar, show it, if not, show picture 'xxx.png'?

Well, this is a long reply ;) but hope someone could show me in the right direction.

12 years 3 months ago #190726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: showing Avatar in on Activity page
It looks like superactivity2 is overriding the cbUser object for the user and resulting in substitutions failing. I can't say for sure; you'll need to contact the extensions developer for further support. It is possible to get the avatar without substitutions, but not with CB Content module as it's designed to just render substitutions. The login module uses PHP functions so is unaffected by this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190737 by creezi
Replied by creezi on topic Re: showing Avatar in on Activity page
Krilion, you are absolutely brilliant!

I have placed a new login module in the left of the superactivity page and altered the parameters so it looks exactly like the avatar shown on the other pages.

So thanks so much for taking the time to read and answering my post.
You really helped!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn