Continue the same page after login

12 years 3 months ago #190700 by sentix
Continue the same page after login was created by sentix
When using CBLogin and / or in conjunction with CB Subs, it would be great, if the user could continue his work the same page he was, when doing the login.

Especially in conjunction with CB Subs that would be nice because a user wants to see a certain content that requires a plan. Then he would be forced to login and / or to subscribe a plan and then I will go to a standard page or a static landing page but I don't know how to direct the user to the desired content page ( like a blog article etc).

Any ideas?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190725 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Continue the same page after login
You can't have redirect URLs for login in CBSubs, CB login module, or CB > Configuration > Registration as it'll always use your login redirect instead of returning to previous location. Please note we don't use a session based storage of the return URL (we plan to improve returns with CB 2.0) so it may not work exactly as you expect as the login module POSTs the URL to return to (the page they attempted to login at).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190727 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: Continue the same page after login
I redirect to an own script using the CB autoactions redirect after login. Is there a POST variable available at this stage referring to the URL where the use did the login?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

12 years 3 months ago #190748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Continue the same page after login
Nope, the return URL is encrypted and then decrypted by CB before sending to it. So [post_return] (if using latest CB Auto Actions) probably won't work too well. There's also no variable in the trigger to supply the return URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn