CBSubs and JComment

12 years 3 months ago #190701 by sentix
CBSubs and JComment was created by sentix
I try to use JComment 2.2.0.2 as a comment component as I didn't find any suitable alternative.

The problem I have is, that it simply doesn't work if CB Subs is involved. If the user has no right to access an article protected by CBSubs than the template breaks and the user will be forced to subscribe even if CBSubs won't require it when JComment is not installed ...

Any ideas or suggestions for an alternative Comment component?

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #190721 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and JComment
Don't understand. JComment and CBSubs shouldn't have any conflict with one another unless you're protecting the entire JComment extension as that could cause every article to then require a subscription. Please provide a screenshot of how the two combined break your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190730 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CBSubs and JComment
@krileon: see screenshot below

After showing that "half" page it automatically redirect to the registration page and states that a registration and subscription is needed.

Some of the blog posts are categorized as "Blog (public)" (not protected by CBSUbs) and some are categorized as "Blog Community" (protected by CBSubs.
Normally, every uses can see the intro text of all blog posts. But as soon as JComment is enabled, CBSubs will prevent a user from displaying the intro text ...

Is it now better understandable for you?

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #190736 by sentix
It may have to do with the fact that if JComment is active the "read more" link will be rendered different ...

12 years 3 months ago #190742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and JComment
I see, please check if you're protecting JComment with any of your plans. See Integrations > Extensions > Components.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #190745 by sentix
No, definitely not, as I setup all plans before I installed JComment and did not change the plans after

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds