Verify email with CB auto Action on registration

12 years 2 months ago #191087 by dkal
I want to verify email on registration.
I have 2 fields : email and cb_confirmed email

I want to use CB Auto actions to stop registration if the 2 fields are not equal.

I can't find a solution : php ? js ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191109 by krileon
The below should do the trick. You'll need the latest release (2.4.0) for this to work however.

Type: Redirect
Trigger: onStartSaveUserRegistration
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Condition: [post_email] Not Equal To [post_cb_confirmedemail]
URL: goback

Believe this should give you what you're wanting, but you may need to adjust the URL or trigger to give a better experience such as maybe needing the on before registration trigger for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191259 by marklandry
Hi,
Followed you directions above - it's "almost" working.

The user is redirected back to the registration page, but the registration goes through, also, there's no error message.

If I correct the errant email, I'm then redirected to a blank registration page...

Thanx for any help you can give

12 years 2 months ago #191272 by krileon
Ah, right forgot that registration goes through regardless of user abort. I think you'll also need a duplicate of the redirect action except it being a Code action with the PHP code "exit()" or "die()" so it stops PHP from continuing with the registration. Example as follows.

Type: Code
Trigger: onStartSaveUserRegistration
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Condition: [post_email] Not Equal To [post_cb_confirmedemail]
Method: PHP (create_function)
Code: die();
Return: Silent

Ensure the code action is ordered after the redirect action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191278 by marklandry
Ok, just duplicated and changed the settings per your suggestion.
I go to a blank page that has an aec url but it stays white...

12 years 2 months ago #191282 by marklandry
well, I get a mix between a white page and the aec payment page...

Not working either way though...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn