Verify email with CB auto Action on registration

12 years 2 months ago #191285 by krileon
Looks like AEC is intercepting the registration. Can't really advise you any further as I've no idea what triggers or behavior AEC is using. You can try setting the URL to index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers, but no idea if that'll work either with AEC.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191357 by marklandry
I'm a bit discouraged, I purchased the pro subscription specifically for this function, and on a tight deadline - could really use some help on this

Thanx a ton

Mark

12 years 2 months ago #191370 by marklandry
sorry about the rant from earlier -
that worked - the message comes up and the user doesn't get registered.

The form isn't repopulated though - can you point me in the right direction re keeping the form populated during the process.

Either way, thanx a ton.

Mark

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191410 by krileon

The form isn't repopulated though - can you point me in the right direction re keeping the form populated during the process.

Only other suggestion I can make is trying to error out the registration instead of trying to redirect it. First unpublish the redirect action then use just the below code action.

Type: Code
Trigger: onStartSaveUserRegistration
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Condition: [post_email] Not Equal To [post_cb_confirmedemail]
Method: PHP (create_function)
Code:
global $_PLUGINS;

$_PLUGINS->_setErrorMSG( 'Email failed to confirm.' );
Return: Silent

You can change the above error message to whatever you want. Hopefully this will do the trick otherwise you won't be able to keep the users already populated data. Directly after that trigger is an error check that picks up errors set like the above so it should redisplay registration with that error message at the top.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191499 by marklandry
Well... same result except the error's in a popop, form comes up with no info...

I tried a different tack that's relatively easy but I can't get it to work..

I tried using JQuery to compare the two fields at onBlur (dynamically adding onBlur) and popup a message, which works in a stand alone file but won't work here. I assumed a JS conflict but not savvy enough to know what's going on...
Do you have any ideas?

Thanx again

Mark

12 years 2 months ago #191560 by krileon
jQuery is client side, it's not secure; you really need to have PHP side usage, but at any rate you can use the below to add new jQuery to the page. It uses CBs already existing validation library to change the 2 fields to be comparison based.

Type: Code
Trigger: onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Method: jQuery
Code:
$( '#cb_confirmedemail' ).addClass( '{equalTo:\'#email\'}' );

Either of the solutions seam to be working fine for me, but again I can't say how it'd behave with AEC present.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn