Notification Errors in GJ 2.5 rc2 & some other..

12 years 2 months ago #191365 by paintek
I've installed the GJ 2.5 rc2 with cb 1.8 on my site but notification still not work so good... now the owner of the group receive message when some join it, but admin never receive mail for creation of group (i've set for the admin approval required!) & in this mode i don't know when some join my group (yes... i see it by the backend panel but... you understend, mail it's better!)

& also i don't understand very whell how work the "group access"... i've set the view by "all registered user" but i wanna to make the content of the group visible only at the members of the group, not more. in this mode there are no difference by select "registered" or "all registered user"

tnx!

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191409 by krileon

I've installed the GJ 2.5 rc2 with cb 1.8 on my site but notification still not work so good... now the owner of the group receive message when some join it, but admin never receive mail for creation of group (i've set for the admin approval required!) & in this mode i don't know when some join my group (yes... i see it by the backend panel but... you understend, mail it's better!)

Navigate to frontend and click "Notifications" on the menu and set your self to be notified of group approvals.

& also i don't understand very whell how work the "group access"... i've set the view by "all registered user" but i wanna to make the content of the group visible only at the members of the group, not more. in this mode there are no difference by select "registered" or "all registered user"

"All Registered Users" is a custom group internal to GJ. It applies to anyone with an actual user id. There isn't much difference between it and "Registered".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191411 by paintek
- i've activated notify in all the pages (overview, category & group) but still don't work... any idea?

- for the group acces i've supposed too. What i have to do if i want make the content of the group accessible only at the members of that group?

12 years 2 months ago #191414 by abo
I am quite enthusiastic about GJ 2.5 :)

Yet I do have a number of language issues. While the German language for GJ 2.4 works fairly well, there seems to be a lot of hard coded stuff as well.

I may have missed something, but it's a pain .... and I still can't find "You have no" (categories/groups/etc.).

In any case, my wish for GJ 2.5 would be that it could easily be translated and work on a multilingual site ... just like with other Joomla extensions. (and yes, I realize GJ 2.5 is RC only). Nevertheless - any hint and help is appreciated.

B)

12 years 2 months ago #191420 by paintek
GJ 2.5 it's cool, & for the italian language nothing (except the new tab notification) it's the same of 2.4 - it's work good!

i've another issue... it's possible to remove the voice "parent" in the "create new proget"? (now it's not editable, but if it's possible i wanna totally remove it)

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191438 by jojo12
@Abo
It's nothing hard coded. But the translations are a little bit special.
When you cannot wait for the german files for gj2.5 stable, then search in default_language files for "You have no". You cannot look for the words you decided to override in gj configuration words for category, categories, group, groups....
You will find them, You copy this line in the same german file, and you'll have your translation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn