Notification Errors in GJ 2.5 rc2 & some other..

12 years 2 months ago #191442 by abo
Thanks for your help - - - and patience. :blush:

Found all needed texts (in templates -> default). But, yes, I am looking forward to a proper language file, as indeed, it is a bit "special" B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191467 by krileon

- i've activated notify in all the pages (overview, category & group) but still don't work... any idea?

Each moderator must configure their notifications to receive a notification of a group pending approval. Will review further and see if there is a bug though.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3279

- for the group acces i've supposed too. What i have to do if i want make the content of the group accessible only at the members of that group?

It already is, if you don't want others to see it set all the "Public" parameters to "No".

i've another issue... it's possible to remove the voice "parent" in the "create new proget"? (now it's not editable, but if it's possible i wanna totally remove it)

Don't understand. If you mean when creating a nested category or nested group, not without template edits. It informs the user what they're creating a category or group in. You can remove it in the template if you want (see category_edit.php and group_edit.php), but I recommend leaving it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191735 by paintek
ok,now i'm shure there are a bug, a conflict or some like that... i did a lot of test in this days, now i show you some result:

- Group Creation, notify to moderator & superadmin: When someone create a group in one category i didn't receive any notification but another admin (Note: i'm the only SuperAdmin, but there are 2 admin) receive a notification (CB it's set to send mail also to moderator).... but in another category the notification arrive to me, & in some else case notify simply dosen't arrive (Note: all the setting are totally equal in both category & also, i'm the creator of the two categories!).

- Request to join a group: no notification arrive when a owner of a group accept a request to their group (note: all notification are set to be sent!)

- Registration: after the upgrade @ cb 1.8 rc2 i haven't see any notification of user registration, but in backend it's shown the request with pending approval (note: first of the upgrade it worked!)

- I've set to notify all people with PM & Mail, but it doesn't work so well... some time arrive all, some time one, some time another one, some time nothing.

i'll do other test & i'll send other report... can i do any else?

ps. another req. i don't know if that can influence some, but in CB config i've set a mail different to my admin mail in the fields "Registration E-Mail Adress" & "Registration E-Mail Adress Reply to", anywhere nothing arrive in that mail!

pps. if you want i can do you a lot of screenshot or give to you (in pm) the url of the site & an admin acces if it's usefull for you!

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?

12 years 2 months ago #191782 by krileon

- Group Creation, notify to moderator & superadmin: When someone create a group in one category i didn't receive any notification but another admin (Note: i'm the only SuperAdmin, but there are 2 admin) receive a notification (CB it's set to send mail also to moderator).... but in another category the notification arrive to me, & in some else case notify simply dosen't arrive (Note: all the setting are totally equal in both category & also, i'm the creator of the two categories!).

The owner of the group and the creator of the group will not receive a notification. It's redundant to email your self about you creating a group. All admins that want to receive a notification must select to receive one from the Notifications page. However, I'll be looking into this already as I've already created a bug ticket.

- Request to join a group: no notification arrive when a owner of a group accept a request to their group (note: all notification are set to be sent!)

It doesn't send a join notification when a user is changed from pending to active.

- Registration: after the upgrade @ cb 1.8 rc2 i haven't see any notification of user registration, but in backend it's shown the request with pending approval (note: first of the upgrade it worked!)

Nothing to do with GJ, please post a new thread regarding missing registration pending/welcome email.

- I've set to notify all people with PM & Mail, but it doesn't work so well... some time arrive all, some time one, some time another one, some time nothing.

You only receive what you are configured to receive. I can't make that any more clearer. If there is no database row for a user in the notifications table they will receive nothing. A tools check is being added to fix missing notification rows (I think it's in RC2? I forget).

ps. another req. i don't know if that can influence some, but in CB config i've set a mail different to my admin mail in the fields "Registration E-Mail Adress" & "Registration E-Mail Adress Reply to", anywhere nothing arrive in that mail!

Forget CB configuration; it has nothing to do with GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191826 by paintek

krileon wrote:

The owner of the group and the creator of the group will not receive a notification. It's redundant to email your self about you creating a group. All admins that want to receive a notification must select to receive one from the Notifications page. However, I'll be looking into this already as I've already created a bug ticket.

______

ok, take it as a better explanation of the problem (aka "no more waste until next relese!")! so... i hope it can help somebody!

You only receive what you are configured to receive. I can't make that any more clearer. If there is no database row for a user in the notifications table they will receive nothing. A tools check is being added to fix missing notification rows (I think it's in RC2? I forget).

Wow! i've seen that now!!!! i've tried it, i hope it can resolve all my problem! tnx again!

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?

12 years 2 months ago #191859 by krileon

Wow! i've seen that now!!!! i've tried it, i hope it can resolve all my problem! tnx again!

Please let me know if after fixing users they still don't receive notifications. Am still reviewing the notification source and am not finding any further problems at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn