CB Blogs: How to control menu items?

12 years 2 months ago #191693 by koschutta
CB Blogs: How to control menu items? was created by koschutta
Hi there,

Now I hopefully put this question at the right place:

We want to include the CB Blog on the homepage (Joomla 1.7.) and we have the following problem:
The only way we found to include the blog in a Joomla menu item was to use the menu type "external url", which feels strange, but works.
The problem is, that we then are not able to control which modules shall be active. I cannot control this by connecting to the menu item as the menu is not active after having klicked on the menu link. This means, that I cannot decide which modules shall be visible (for instance include a picture above the blog).

My question is: how can I address the Blog with a Joomla menu item such, that I can control the module appearence?

Most thankful for any help!
Best regards
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191696 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Blogs: How to control menu items?

koschutta wrote: Hi there,

Now I hopefully put this question at the right place:

Nope - you should post in the Professional forum area if you want timely feedback from the support team since you are a Professional member.

I moved your post.

12 years 2 months ago #191701 by koschutta
Replied by koschutta on topic Re: CB Blogs: How to control menu items?
OK, thank you.

12 years 2 months ago #191778 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs: How to control menu items?
Navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs and at the very top next to "Frontend URL" is a link in called "Create Menu". Click that and it'll generate an Internal Joomla menu link on new menutype "Incubator". You can then move the link anywhere you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koschutta

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn