[SOLVED] Add a field to User Management

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191774 by tick1970
[SOLVED] Add a field to User Management was created by tick1970
What I am trying to do is, I have a contest and when the component totals the scores it lists username and their points. I wish to add a field within the COntact Info backend for each user and be able to enter a value that only I can edit, so that i can then add that field ie: jackpot_entry and put in a vlaue if someone has paid for their entry fee, and so i can then add that fields to display along with their suername, points total and the jackpot field.

This has to be a field that Only i can edit fromt he backend as its whether someone has paid their subscription. I knwo you can add plenty of fields in the CB section but I cant add a value for each user, as and when they have paid. Hope that makes sense.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add a field to User Management
You could create an Integer field and set it to "Read Only" or use the CB Privacy plugin to set it so only moderators can edit it. If you had CBSubs you'd also be able to set the value of that field when a user subscribes to a plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191802 by tick1970
Replied by tick1970 on topic Re: Add a field to User Management
Ive tried that and I can see the field in the backend for the user contact info but ive tried putting a number, 1 or 2 etc and save it but it doesnt save the field, as far as I know the users ifo can still be edited in my settings, is there something im not doing correctly?

12 years 2 months ago #191805 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add a field to User Management
The field should save just fine from backend or frontend (if using CB Privacy rather then Read Only). Joomla version? CB version? Please try saving with debug mode and maximum error reporting set to see if any fatal errors occur. Maybe try using a text field instead for example?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #191810 by tick1970
I dont have CB Privacy, put it as read only as advised before.

I have joomla 1.5.25

Running CB 1.8 RC2

I cant even edit any users data as well.

Have tried text field, and put a value in a users info, save it, and it goes to the CB credits page, and then click back on user, no info is saved or changed. No idea what you mean by debug mode. If a user has a problem with their registration, if i tryto change a password, nothing helps, i have to delete the user and do it all again.

12 years 2 months ago #191811 by tick1970
OK found the debug mode i will try it with that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn