Change the profile view.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192017 by jph34
Change the profile view. was created by jph34
Hello,

I will wish to change the user profile to have vertical tabs and not horizontal tabs.

Example in the attached picture (tab "Mon Périmétre" "mes prestations" "mes tarifs" "Mon planning")

more it is possible to add a default tab that allows users to describe themselves freely using an editor like JCE. ?

Thank you in advance for your help
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: change the profile view.

I will wish to change the user profile to have vertical tabs and not horizontal tabs.

There's no option for this, but you can alter the profile layout within CBs template default.php file at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/

Example in the attached picture (tab "Mon Périmétre" "mes prestations" "mes tarifs" "Mon planning")

Those don't look like tabs as there's no content under them. Perhaps setting tab display to "Button with Sticky overlay" within CB > Tab Management while editing a tab.

more it is possible to add a default tab that allows users to describe themselves freely using an editor like JCE. ?

Yes, you can add a textarea editor field within CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192101 by jph34
Replied by jph34 on topic Re: change the profile view.
Hi,

- After my post, I found the setting tab display to "Button with Stisky overlay" but I don't know how to close the stiky. So, I use the sticky that moves with the mouse.

To a textarea editor field, I found it in Field management.

Thank you for all
see your later

12 years 2 months ago #192462 by jph34
Hi I'm trying to get familiar with CB but I have the following problems :

If I choose "button with sticky overlay" when I click on the button, a sticky appears and it follows my mouse but I am unable to close it.

So can you tell me how to fix the sticky and especially how close it ?

2 - Is it possible to change the look of the sticky ( background,color,..)?

3 - when I switch the tab "My Information" on "button with sticky overlay", the corresponding sticky appears but with no fields and when I select "section with title", fields normally display. Can you help me to find the source of this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help

12 years 2 months ago #192491 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: change the profile view.

So can you tell me how to fix the sticky and especially how close it ?

Click "CLOSE" in the top-right of the pop-up.

2 - Is it possible to change the look of the sticky ( background,color,..)?

Yes, use Firebug for Firefox to inspect it so you can see its classes and IDs so you can restyle it. The below classes are used by the pop-up.

cb-tips-bg
cb-tips-capfont
cb-tips-closefont
cb-tips-fg
cb-tips-font

3 - when I switch the tab "My Information" on "button with sticky overlay", the corresponding sticky appears but with no fields and when I select "section with title", fields normally display. Can you help me to find the source of this problem?

Don't understand the issue. What is "section with title"? Please be more specific as to what the issue is. If the tab has no fields it won't display any fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192537 by jph34
hello,

I'm sorry, but I can't close because:

- "Close" in the top right of the popup is not displayed.

and the upper left corner of the popup follows my mouse constantly.

I put a site layout online tomorrow morning so you can see any problems.

thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn