[SOLVED] "Forgot Login?" problem

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192064 by cliffvt
[SOLVED] "Forgot Login?" problem was created by cliffvt
Hi

Using CB 1.7.1/Joomla 1.5.22 and suddenly seem to have struck a problem with the mod_cblogin forgot password functionality

As soon as a user tries to submit a request for a forgotten password, after inputting the security code and all other fields and press "SEND PASSWORD" the screen comes back with a "You Must Login First" message.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Thanks

Cliff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: "Forgot Login?" problem
Please upgrade to CB 1.8 then ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu link to CB (this link is mandatory). More then likely an Itemid is being appended to the POST URL with an Itemid that has access of Registered and is preventing the POST from going through due to Joomla access protection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192266 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re: "Forgot Login?" problem
OK thanks, so firstly we have been using Cb for over 2 years and the login and forgot login has always worked, this would not have happened if there was not a public menu item.

I have now upgraded to 1.8 and the results are the same - see screen shots below. Any further ideas please? I cannot see an item ID in the task=registers url either

Thanks

Cliff

12 years 2 months ago #192285 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193809 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and its due to your homepage being set to "Registered". Due to this CB is unable to post to index.php as it'll cause an immediate redirect to Registration. Please adjust your homepage as necessary. For now I've left it "Public" so you may also see it is now working.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 2 months ago #193814 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic Re: "Forgot Login?" problem
Thank you ever so much Kyle - who would have thought that! Must have been a wring click somewhere along the line!

Cheers

Cliff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn