[SOLVED] Need help with conditional field and multiforms

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192228 by timberlineevents
Hi:
I am trying to set up 3 different forms with the conditional field.

Total fields: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Form A: 1 3 5 7 8 9 12
Form B: 1 3 5 7 8 9 14
Form C: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13

I used the conditional field (0) as a drop down (single select) with 3 options Form A, B, C.
Pre-filled default: Select (so is not empty)

In the conditional box I set:

Tab1 : Field conditional to others Is REGEX /^[A]*$/i hide (opposite to Form A fields)
Tab2 : Field conditional to others Is REGEX /^*$/i hide (opposite to Form B fields)
Tab3 : Field conditional to others Is REGEX /^[C]*$/i hide (opposite to Form C fields)
Worked fine for Form A and C but when I set B, form A started showing the same as C.

Not sure if the conditional field is the right way to do it or i am doing it wrong...

I want to achieve something similar to your demo site form of CBsubs, but this is going to be free access.

Also planning to add some Auto Actions to required approval for some of them and assign different access level groups.

I´d need some help with the forms please!!

Tks

Joomla 1.7.5
Gantry framework
SobiPro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192283 by krileon
The multiple conditions are always OR cases. If your field is a single select drop-down then don't use REGEX matching, but instead do simple Equal To. Example as follows.

1: Field conditional to others Is Equal To Form A Then Show: 1 3 5 7 8 9 12
2: Field conditional to others Is Equal To Form B Then Show: 1 3 5 7 8 9 14
3: Field conditional to others Is Equal To Form C Then Show: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13

Believe the above should do the trick. Of course with the above change the value matched to be exactly to what the value is for your drop-down select.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192344 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Need help with conditional field and multiforms
I appreciate your help but it didn’t work either.
I had tried with different conditions but always the same result, mixed form fields.

Anyway I found a way around: is setting the conditions in each field related instead of setting them up in a master field. Takes more time but is working so far.

Ex:

Field conditional self
If field 0 is operator equal to value "Form A" hide/show.

Thanks for the clue anyway. Appreciate that you spent the time to answer.

12 years 2 months ago #192345 by krileon
Yeah, sometimes is best to have the condition directly on the field in question. Multiple conditions are always "OR" scenarios so they can conflict if they multiple conditions condition the same fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192353 by timberlineevents
Replied by timberlineevents on topic Re: Need help with conditional field and multiforms
I have another question that you may help me with, related to this post (let me know if I should create a new post for it):

How do I manage the different profiles?

Ex:
Form A and B have less fields than From C. So when the user registers is ok, but when a Form A user edit his profile all the other fields show up and if he does not filed them the changes in the profiles can´t be saved.

As I said these users are going to be in different access groups, so is there any way to create and assign this different fields profiles to separated user groups?

Tks

12 years 2 months ago #192355 by krileon

Form A and B have less fields than From C. So when the user registers is ok, but when a Form A user edit his profile all the other fields show up and if he does not filed them the changes in the profiles can´t be saved.

Conditions should also be affecting profile edit unless you set it not to (see the Display at bottom of condition and list of locations for it to affect).

As I said these users are going to be in different access groups, so is there any way to create and assign this different fields profiles to separated user groups?

You can place the fields in a tab that is based off view accesslevels and creating custom view accesslevels based off your usergorups, but this won't have any affect on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn