[SOLVED] Multiple profiles

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192427 by JosB
[SOLVED] Multiple profiles was created by JosB
Hi!

i've got a question, is it possible to define 3 or more different profiles within CB?

For a new site i'm building, three types of users can register. Dependent on the type of user, they have to get a custom registrationform (so different fields for different users).

And if possible, how can i achieve this?

Regards, Jos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192482 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple profiles
Yes, there's a couple of ways to do this. For example you can use CBSubs Plans to hide fields at registration by seeing the Workflows of those Plans. There you'll be able to select fields to hide. You'll need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs protection to hide fields on profile edit/view however. You could also use incubator project CB Conditional in combination of a drop-down select where users pick their profile type. Then you can edit your fields and condition them based off that drop-down select.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JosB

12 years 2 months ago #192483 by JosB
Replied by JosB on topic Re: Multiple profiles
Kyle,

thank you. I'll first give the CB Conditional a try.

Regards, Jos

12 years 2 months ago #192495 by JosB
Kyle,

how do i enable the different tabs / steps with this plugin. The conditional fields wordk fine for me, but they are all on the same page and i would like to see different steps/tabs during the registration (just like in de video).

Regards, Jos

12 years 1 month ago #192689 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple profiles
To have step by step you need to enabled it from CB Conditional configuration which you can find in CB > Plugin Management > CB Conditional > Config. Please keep in mind you'll need to use DIV based layout which is configurable within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Also note Steps are Tabs. So if you have 3 tabs and those 3 tabs have fields that display on registration then you'll have 3 steps; so position your fields in tabs in accordance to that usage to have exact step by step you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JosB

12 years 1 month ago #192716 by JosB
Kyle, the DIV based layout did the trick, thanks again for your support!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn