Auto Action: Email for subscription

12 years 2 months ago #192637 by yogiman
Auto Action: Email for subscription was created by yogiman
Hi, i've installed CB 1.8 and autoactions on a joomla 1.5.25 with all the php and apache thing it needs :-)

now i need an action that sends an email to an address i use to register people in my meialing list.

this email should be sent whenever a new user register in the site

i need in this email that the sender is the address of the new registrant

i've configured as in attached pictures but i can't get this email sent :-(

Yhankyou in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Action: Email for subscription
It looks like the only issue is the "Access" parameter. Everything else looks good. You'll want to set the "Access" to "Everybody" as it checks the access of the "User" parameter, which subsequently is the user executing the trigger as it's set to to Automatic so it'd be of the newly Registered user. Once set to "Everybody" it should work fine; please let me know if you've any further problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192671 by yogiman
Replied by yogiman on topic Re: Auto Action: Email for subscription
Ok now i get the email in the box i'm supposed to receive it but the email comes from my address: info@yogafirenze.it

in order to subscribe the user i need to receive this email as it was sent from his address: user@xxx.com

so that address (of the user ) is registered in the mailing list....

is there any way to do that?

12 years 1 month ago #192685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Action: Email for subscription
Setting From Address to [email] and From Name to [name] should do just that. Please ensure you're using the latest release of CB Auto Actions however. Please note spoofing anther users address won't put that address in the actual emails header, which is likely what your mailing register is using.

Do you have a URL you can supply to your mailer that processes GET or POST requests as a Request action seams most appropriate. Example as follows.

mailregister.com/register.php?email=bob@invalid.com

The above is most ideal for registering users to a mailer as you could do the below with the above example in a Request action.

mailregister.com/register.php?email=[email]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn