[SOLVED] Can same field appear in 2 tabs?

12 years 2 months ago #192881 by krileon

Go to edit my profile and see the tab "Test". Delimiters are "lowered" while the values for radio and checkbox are "raised".

The below is the culprit for the misalignment of title and value. You'll need to remove the "vertical-align" and it'll then display fine.

IN: libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css
ON: Line 17
tr.sectiontableentry0 td, tr.sectiontableentry1 td, tr.sectiontableentry2 td, td.sectiontableentry0, td.sectiontableentry1, td.sectiontableentry2 {
    padding: 6px 5px;
    text-align: left;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

The reason it affects all templates is because it's not your template, but the gantry framework you're using; perhaps your template installed it and is using it.

Another strange thing - The space between values within a field is also unusually small. E.g. In field "Test Checkbox", the value "Colours" is touching the box for the next value "Numbers".

That's displaying as normally, which you can fix by adding the below CSS to your Joomla template CSS file.
.cbSnglCtrlLbl label {
	margin-right: 3px;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidjoomla11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192941 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: Alignment problems between Field Title & Value
I've just read this and have not tried it yet. But what you wrote is enough to make me say

THANK YOU!

Btw, the gantry always updates itself so does that mean that when even I change it, it will revert to the same problem after a new gantry update again?

12 years 2 months ago #192970 by krileon

Btw, the gantry always updates itself so does that mean that when even I change it, it will revert to the same problem after a new gantry update again?

No idea, I've never used the 3rd party frameworks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193011 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: Alignment problems between Field Title & Value
hi krileon,

The modification to template CSS for the space issue works!

However the one to libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css for the vertical alignment issue merely adjust the entire contents within the text box vertically. But the alignment between the values and checkboxes did not change at all.

Please help.

12 years 2 months ago #193023 by krileon

However the one to libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css for the vertical alignment issue merely adjust the entire contents within the text box vertically. But the alignment between the values and checkboxes did not change at all.

It's still the same issue. Please see the below. Viewing source it does not appear you've removed it.

IN: libraries/gantry/css/joomla.css
ON: Line 17
tr.sectiontableentry0 td, tr.sectiontableentry1 td, tr.sectiontableentry2 td, td.sectiontableentry0, td.sectiontableentry1, td.sectiontableentry2 {
    padding: 6px 5px;
    text-align: left;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

You need to remove the vertical-align or set it to "top". CB adds a "top" vertical-align to its rows so they all align properly. Please see the below images of the change in place.

Before vertical-align removed:

After vertical-align removed:

Please understand there is nothing more I can do for you. This isn't an issue coming from CB. Your Gantry framework is adding CSS which is globally restyling your website. My guess is the framework came with whatever template you're using.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago #193074 by davidjoomla11
Hi krileon,

The code seems unchanged because I reverted it after the removal (and also changing to top and bottom) did not solve the problem.

Actually both your pictures look very acceptable to me. The box and values look resting on the same base line. But mine is just off as shown earlier (tried all 3 diff browsers)0

I understand that it is beyond CB and you are going an extra mile in helping. If you can't, it is alright.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn