12 years 2 months ago #192885 by vipzeus
Hi all community

I have to build a multisite with CB

example
mysite.com for users of united states
mysite.it for users in Italy
mysite.uk.co for users in united kingdom
mysite.ro for users in romania.

All these site are individual with CB insall and CB connect.
My question is...
is it possible to synch users for all sites?
One registration for all these sites.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192896 by krileon
Yes and no. What I mean by that is it's possible to use CB Auto Actions with a Query action after the registration trigger to insert the user on all the other sites that way if they register on 1 it'll register them on all. However, this doesn't use proper APIs to create a user and is purely database based so you'll have to build and supply the queries for each site. Basically 1 query action per site on each site, so if you've 5 sites then each site should have 4 query actions for the other sites.

Maybe it would be easier to just make 1 website that is multi-lingual and have web addresses of the other sites point to the DNS of that 1 multi-lingual site, but then all of them would share all the same content, which I assume isn't exactly what you're wanting, but I believe it's possible to split content up using J2.5 and its language filter plugin which allows language specific menu links, modules, etc.. (e.g. a Spanish menu link won't display if viewing in English).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vipzeus

12 years 2 months ago #192903 by vipzeus
Hey Kyle

You give a good idea.

Maybe it would be easier to just make 1 website that is multi-lingual and have web addresses of the other sites point to the DNS of that 1 multi-lingual site, but then all of them would share all the same content, which I assume isn't exactly what you're wanting, but I believe it's possible to split content up using J2.5 and its language filter plugin which allows language specific menu links, modules, etc.. (e.g. a Spanish menu link won't display if viewing in English).

I have another site where i use cb_queries for this work.

Maybe if i create a domain multilanguage just for basic user registration and informations, i can manage all databases with queries unidirectional, from the multilanguage site (where CB_subs can manage subscriptions too) to all other sites.
Other sites must have global registration disable and a custom link "Register" point to the multilanguage site.

If users use the CB connect for the registration, triggers works immediately or need the first login?

12 years 2 months ago #192918 by krileon

triggers works immediately or need the first login?

If using latest release then login and registration triggers will execute as if they were registering by normal means.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #192953 by vipzeus
I have another question about CB Auto Actions.

I see how works and looks easy to create triggers for the user registration.

What about autologin? If user login at the mainsite how i can keep the same status for all slavesites?

I mean login and logout.

12 years 2 months ago #192972 by krileon

What about autologin? If user login at the mainsite how i can keep the same status for all slavesites?

It's purely session based so you'll need to after the login trigger create a session for the user in the database of the other sites. Then on logout trigger delete that session. You may need to use CB Query Field to pull a users session database table row params column so it can be inserted into the other database easily.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn