Session or cookie not enabled on registration

12 years 2 months ago #193271 by lebellegardien
Session or cookie not enabled on registration was created by lebellegardien
hello,

I'm facing a problem it took a long I hadn't !!!

When a user try to register I've got that message : Session or cookie not enabled ...
I just can register 1 user after that I have to clean joomla cache in order it works.

I disable all cache, my JA teline IV template cache, switch off Configuration -> Integration tab -> set anti-spoofing checks to off, check time zone that is good to paris where I'm living in France but always the same.

I also disable ACESEF but it's the same.

I'm using joomla 1.5.25 and CB 1.7. my website is www.lebellegardien.com

Any idea ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193275 by krileon
Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193298 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: Session or cookie not enabled on registration
I installed v1.8 and it's the same

12 years 2 months ago #193305 by krileon
Do you happen to be using some sort of 3rd party cache or have very long Joomla cache times? What's likely happening is the spoof string is being cached and on next registration the old spoof string is used so it's not validating. Please disable then purge all cache and confirm if issue persists. I don't recommend cache times any greater then 5 minutes, but 3 minutes is my recommendation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #193352 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: Session or cookie not enabled on registration
well i found the solution

I had to disable the System - Cache plugin in order it works.

It's true I was working on cache because my site is very slow. Why I can't use it with community builder ?

thanks

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193415 by krileon
You can use caching, but don't cache for real long. A lot of CB, including its security, is very dynamic and dynamic content in nature is not cache friendly. Caching is helpful for sites using basic features like Articles, but if you've a community with constantly changing content you can't use caching or have very long cache times as it'll constantly result in out of date data. Set the cache time in Joomla global configuration to 3 minutes, purge all cache, enable the caching plugin and it should be fine.

It's also worth noting the caching is not going to improve your performance much if at all. A slow site is usually due to bloat (installed far too many extensions, seen sites with as many as 30+ extensions; bad idea) or bad hosting ($10/3month sounds great, but is often garbage and ridiculously slow; never buy into "unlimited" claims).

You should profile your site using Firebug for example and find exactly what's slowing it down then remove it or fix it to be faster. Profiling your site will tell you exactly what files are loading in and how long they take to load. For example on quick review of your site many of your images are PNG format. PNG is very slow to render. You should provide them in JPEG especially if you don't need transparency. Your logos and such alone take approx. 20+ seconds for them to all load in and that's a lot of time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn