Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Privacy not working on public profiles

• CarlosEVC
  • CarlosEVC
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193565 by CarlosEVC
Hi Guys,

I have just realized that if i put CB component (v. 1.4) as públic in a menú item, then no CB privacy is taken into consideration and any visitor can see all the user profile fields regardless of the privacy settings.
For me, it means that joomla overlooks CB privacy settings making them irrelevant at all.

If the objective of the privacy settings were only to be applied in case the CB component is set to be for registered or below, I didn;t know it and should be clearly specified that this is a constraint of the privacy feature!!!

Rgds,

Carlos
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bk6366
  • bk6366
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193577 by bk6366
Hi Carlos,
Have you checked the settings under Components > Community Builder > Configuration > User Profile?
It's there that you set the Global Profile Access Levels.
Hope that helps -

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193589 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy not working on public profiles
CB 1.4 is a long way from CB 1.8. We can't help you. You're using a depreciated version of CB. Please upgrade CB and CB Privacy then confirm if your issue persists. Unfortunately we do not have resources to continue support for older releases.

Please also don't so boldly per-claim a "bug" as it hurts the face image of CB and Joomlapolis. Please allow for us to confirm whether a bug is truly present or not as for example setting CB Privacy plugin in CB > Plugin Management to "Registered" access will give the issue you are experiencing as the plugin will never load for public users. Thread title edited.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• CarlosEVC
  • CarlosEVC
12 years 2 months ago #193597 by CarlosEVC
Replied by CarlosEVC on topic Re: CB Privacy not working on public profiles
Thanks Krileon for your support. Indeed my problem was with the setting of the CB privacy plugin. Noew it is working as we wanted: fields not setting with privacy go public.

I fill very sorry for the mis-claim on the bug.

Probably this topic raised by myself proves again the stability and reliability of CB component.

Thank you again,

Carlos

PS. I will check all the access levels for the rest of my installed plugins. :)

• CarlosEVC
  • CarlosEVC
12 years 2 months ago #194220 by CarlosEVC
Replied by CarlosEVC on topic Re: CB Privacy not working on public profiles

krileon wrote: CB 1.4 is a long way from CB 1.8. We can't help you. You're using a depreciated version of CB. Please upgrade CB and CB Privacy then confirm if your issue persists. Unfortunately we do not have resources to continue support for older releases.

Please also don't so boldly per-claim a "bug" as it hurts the face image of CB and Joomlapolis. Please allow for us to confirm whether a bug is truly present or not as for example setting CB Privacy plugin in CB > Plugin Management to "Registered" access will give the issue you are experiencing as the plugin will never load for public users. Thread title edited.

Hi Krileon,

After setting the plugin to públic, my registration screen shows privacy selections for at the registration form. Is it a setting or a bug? This is very strange for me.
Would you help me? Check this link if you want www.akiyai.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers or the attached image.

Carlos
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #194252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Privacy not working on public profiles
That's due to using an out of date CB and CB Privacy. That bug had been fixed long ago. Field privacy settings will show at registration, but what you're seeing is the tab privacy settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon