User Management Panel not responding CB 1.2.3

12 years 2 months ago #193802 by mrartist
I have a two year-old J1.5.23(stable) site that I know you will tell me to update which I fear doing because I'm sure it will break it. The site is using CB 1.2.3 and is functioning just right from the frontend but recently I've noticed one problem in the backend CB User Management panel. It's probably been a couple of months since I needed to use it, so I don't know exactly when the problem I'm experiencing started, but basically the page is not fully responding to mouse clicks. All other parts of the site are functioning okay including VirtueMart, I also use have CB Triggers syncing the VM users or the forms or something (I think that's what it's doing - it's been a while!)

We now have 353 registered users, 100 show up on page 1 of the User Management panel, if I try to go to any other page, or click on a Username, User Email, the New, Edit, Delete, etc. buttons, nothing visibly happens to the page. The URL in the browser bar does change to reflect the action, but I am powerless to effect any changes in the User section at all.

I cannot think of anything I changed on the site recently that could have caused this. I added a couple of new products to VM in January and I suppose it's possible I made some change elsewhere to cause the problem now, but I have no real idea what it could be!? Have you seen or heard of this kind of problem before? Could it be some limitation on the number of users, e.g. going over the 350 mark?

One other thing that occurs to me is that at one point a long time ago I installed CBSubs on this site, we never used it in the end and as far as I know I disabled anything to do with it, but didn't uninstall it. I recall it had a user limit of 500 and maybe with the odd few test, trial and failed user registrations that I have previously deleted over the last two years, this has somehow reached 500 in an internal count, could this perhaps be the issue?

Fearing this problem could be the result of hacking on the site, I contacted my hosting company, they were very helpful and had a look to see if anything obvious could be seen. Eventually they came back to me with the following:
...the user edit links, and the next page links - appears be to calling javascript (to then load the next pages), and bringing up the javascript error console in firefox, I'm seeing:

Error: f is null
Source File: www.mywebsite.co.uk/components/com_comprofiler/js/cb12.js
Line: 52

if (f.nodeName == 'FORM') {

I've looked at this file and nothing has changed in it when I compare it to an old backup, but might that error suggest something to you? Line 53 seems to issue a 'break' command so my guess is that something else is bringing the User Management to this point which indicates the fail?

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193836 by krileon

CB 1.2.3

You're significantly out of date, we can't help you. Please upgrade to CB 1.8 and confirm if issue persists. We unfortunately do not have the time or resources to maintain support for such out of date releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn