Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Members lists takes forever to load

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 weeks ago #200645 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Members lists takes forever to load
Your list isn't going to be instant. You've over 40,000 users. That's going to take awhile to perform all the database queries and your host doesn't appear to have fast enough hardware to handle that kind of load. With the amount of users you have you really need a dedicated server if not on one already. The issue doesn't appear to be in the code or any sort of conflict (no errors and disabling things has no affect). Nicks first reply was spot on, there's really nothing more we can do for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cvnet
  • cvnet
12 years 4 weeks ago #200664 by cvnet
Replied by cvnet on topic Re: Members lists takes forever to load
Hi
This is a dedicated server and the hardware is the latest and the fastest, and we do not have ANY issue with all other part of the site,but the list. As I mentioned on my post, on this dedicated server the only site that is hosted is this one, we are hosting our own domain.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #200669 by krileon
Are you able to create a new install of just Joomla, CB, and your users with no other extensions or plugins installed on the same server? If so please do so and add a userlist then see if this new site shows the same behavior. This will help rule out if it's some sort of plugin or extension causing the slow down or if it's CB directly. We can then debug further from there to see what might be the issue.

The main issue is the way pagination works is it grabs all the results from the database to form a Total. It then uses that total to form a new query for users to give that pages worth of users. This can be very heavy for large sites as you're basically requesting 40,000+ database rows all at once and this typically requires custom indexing in your database to speed up the request. This may not be the issue at all though and we'll know more if the above test is performed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by krileon.

• cvnet
  • cvnet
12 years 4 weeks ago #200671 by cvnet
I'll do that once ready I'll let u know
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• cvnet
  • cvnet
12 years 4 weeks ago #200752 by cvnet
I just pm'ed u the new and the old site info

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 weeks ago #200822 by krileon
New minimal site seams to have the same behavior. Appears to be just an efficiency issue of loading in over 40,000 users at once. I've let Beat know of this issue and will see what he can suggest as we've made changes to the database (indexing) for Joomlapolis to handle the load.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon