Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?

12 years 1 month ago #194010 by rdalan
I wonder if there is an error in the component or if there is something I do wrong. When I create a testgroup of type APPROVAL I figure users must be approved by moderator/owner before users can post in this group. Users have to be approved before joining the group and nobody can post in this group before the have joined (through approval). The problem is that when I create a testuser at security level REGISTERED that testuser is able to post in the group testgroup before testuser is approved.

Kunena is configured so that CB handles security and both is integrated with oneanother in their settings. Here is something strange: In Kunena the categories created by groupjive reads [ACCESS CommunityBuilder: 0] but categories created within Kunena reads [ACCESS Registered]. I find it strange that testuser (not moderator in Kunena) is able to post in testgroup through frontend of Kunena forum and I'm having a hard time finding out where I'm going wrong in configuring the security.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #194087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?
CB version? GJ version? Kunena version? A user should not be able to even access the groups forum unless they're approved. GJ uses API to give access to a GJ forum category. Access setting in Kunena is irrelevant as it uses API Access (communitybuilder).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #194854 by rdalan
Replied by rdalan on topic Re: Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?

krileon wrote: CB version? GJ version? Kunena version? A user should not be able to even access the groups forum unless they're approved. GJ uses API to give access to a GJ forum category. Access setting in Kunena is irrelevant as it uses API Access (communitybuilder).

My CB version is 1.7.1, GJ version is 2.4 and Kunena version is 1.7.2. The testuser is able to post through Kunena forum panel but not through GJ panel so I guess the problem is Kunena. Any ideas on how to solve the security issue? Are there any plugins that need to be installed to solve this security issue?

PS: Testuser is not a moderator in Kunena. In Kunena all integration configuration options are set to CommunityBuilder. In CB testuser is set up as registered only. GJ testgroup is set up as type OPEN and group access is set up as REGISTERED. Testuser has not yet joined testgroup and cannot post in testgroup through GJ panel.

12 years 1 month ago #194857 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?
perhaps you don't know, there are updates: CB 1.8, GJ2.5. Perhaps you update first and look, if the problem persists, and then it's possible to talk about. If not the moderators have to speak about a lot of versions! Like that they have enough time to progress.

12 years 1 month ago #194866 by rdalan
Replied by rdalan on topic Re: Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?
I believe you are right, sir. It seems upgrading solves the problem.

12 years 1 month ago #194869 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Groupjive/Kunena user security issue?
I hope so!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn