Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Arbitrary Payments - as In Rent

• inbta
  • inbta
12 years 2 months ago #194026 by inbta
Arbitrary Payments - as In Rent was created by inbta
Hi Gang,

I know there is a way to do this, I just need some guidance. I am designing a site for a Property management firm. Specifically. They provide rental property in the area.

1) They wish to collect monthly rents
2) Customers need to be able to view their payment records within their profile
3) Set up a membership where they can then make payments, or make payments at will without setting up a membership.

Any ideas?

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #194094 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Arbitrary Payments - as In Rent
If rent is different on a renter by renter basis then recurring subscriptions is pretty much out of the question as you can't have dynamic pricing (user input price) as isn't available for subscriptions. You could use a donation plan to allow user defined pricing, but that's only for single payments and won't recur month by month. Would need more details on what rental costs are to better suggestion usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• inbta
  • inbta
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #194471 by inbta
Replied by inbta on topic Re: Arbitrary Payments - as In Rent
The donation thing is okay with me. Check this out. What I have done in the past is use "DTH Development's" component. Then I go in and modify the entire language file and change every word of "Donation" to Payment. This worked well. If I could do the same thing for CSUBS; change all the "Donation" words to Payment, it would be perfect. But yes...the idea is that this is a Property Management firm.

People pay their monthly rent as in an apartment or house.
Within each profile is a record of payments.
Yes, arbitrary (Dynamic) user entered amounts will need to be inputed.

The next hurdle to to charge a small admin fee to account for the fees taken out a the processer level. We are using Authorize.net. I need to be able to add a small fee to the rent amount.

Fro example. If I am paying $500.00 a month. I also know that an additional "2.9%" will be added to this payment to perform it online.

How would I also do this?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by inbta.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #194510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Arbitrary Payments - as In Rent

The donation thing is okay with me. Check this out. What I have done in the past is use "DTH Development's" component. Then I go in and modify the entire language file and change every word of "Donation" to Payment. This worked well. If I could do the same thing for CSUBS; change all the "Donation" words to Payment, it would be perfect. But yes...the idea is that this is a Property Management firm.

Don't have to edit any sort of code to have this. Maybe a few language strings, but most of the text is taken from the plan name and description so users wouldn't ever know it was a donation plan.

People pay their monthly rent as in an apartment or house.
Within each profile is a record of payments.

A user can review and print all past invoices (if configured to be display, is on by default) via their Subscription tab at the bottom.

Yes, arbitrary (Dynamic) user entered amounts will need to be inputed.

This can only be done with Donation plans.

The next hurdle to to charge a small admin fee to account for the fees taken out a the processer level. We are using Authorize.net. I need to be able to add a small fee to the rent amount.

Don't change prices outside of CBSubs or CBSubs will consider it a fraud attempt. What you can do is use the Tax integration to add your fee (you can name it whatever you want).

Fro example. If I am paying $500.00 a month. I also know that an additional "2.9%" will be added to this payment to perform it online.

Yup, understood; very doable.

How would I also do this?

CBSubs Tax Integration (note: it can be used for more then just Tax purposes).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon