Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs/Paypal not activating members on redirect

12 years 2 months ago #194613 by domesticmanagers
Replied by domesticmanagers on topic Re: CB Subs/Paypal not activating members on redirect
Hello,

I just reinstalled version 1.2.2 and tested. It did work, however still a little concerned because new users have had issues joining. If they close out of paypal before being redirected back to my site would this cause their user account not to activate?

Also, (may be be a dumb question) am I good to migrate to joomla 2.5 with cbsubs version 1.2.2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #194614 by krileon

If they close out of paypal before being redirected back to my site would this cause their user account not to activate?

Yes, if you don't have IPNs setup properly.

Also, (may be be a dumb question) am I good to migrate to joomla 2.5 with cbsubs version 1.2.2?

jUpgrade is the only supported migration tool, but this is a terrible time to begin migrating; you need a working install first as migrating will likely cause even more issues even with a migration tool to help.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #194616 by domesticmanagers
Replied by domesticmanagers on topic Re: CB Subs/Paypal not activating members on redirect
1- I believe my IPNs are set correctly? How can I tell?

2- When do you suggest migrating? I thought I should start now... So I have my webdevelopers making a couple clones of my sites to see how it goes

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #194626 by krileon

1- I believe my IPNs are set correctly? How can I tell?

Make a purchase and close the window before being sent back to your site. If your subscription was successful still then they're working fine. You can also check CBSubs > Notifications to see if you've received any IPNs from CBSubs.

2- When do you suggest migrating? I thought I should start now... So I have my webdevelopers making a couple clones of my sites to see how it goes

Ideally you want your site in working condition. Once everything is working as expected/desired you should then migrate. You then know what to test for and what you should expect on your migrated install. If the migrated install doesn't behave the same then debug from there to resolve any regressions or new issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon