Auto action, send a mail when field is given a val

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195014 by fribse2011
Is it possible to add an auto action that reacts when a user field is changed to a specific value?

I would like to send a mail when a field is changed from 'not payed' to another value.
I can see that I have a trigger that I can set when profile is modified in the frontend or backend, but how do I make a condition so it will only send a mail if the value in question is changed?

My idea so far is:

Type: Email
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate,onAfterUpdateUser
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: ??? NOT EQUAL TO 'not payed'
Email action: [email]

But this action will send a mail EVERY time the profile is changed?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195039 by krileon
Conditions support full substitutions (see info directly next to input for details and special functions). You could for example use the below.

Left: [cb_myfield]
Operator: Not Equal To
Right: not payed

But this action will send a mail EVERY time the profile is changed?

Yes, if that condition is met it will.

If you want it to send only 1 time when the field is changed you could use the below (requires 2 conditions)

Condition 1
Right: [var4_cb_myfield]

Condition 2
Right: not payed

Note in the above the "var4". The 4th variable provided by these triggers is the previous values. This means [cb_myfield] will be what I just change the field to and [var4_cb_myfield] will be what I just changed the field from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195098 by fribse2011
Hey, neat! Thankyou!

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 1 month ago #195104 by fribse2011
Ok, maybe you can explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

I've created a test user, and I've set him to 'Endnu ikke betalt'.
Then I go in, via the backend, and change the value to '2012'
The field cb_betalt is a multiselect field.
As I understand it, the rule below both triggers on frontend and backend profile modification, and with the very neat var4, asks for the value before and after.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #195162 by krileon
The conditions are not what I supplied, please see my previous reply. The first condition needs to first check if the field was even changed. That's done with the below.

[cb_betalt] Not Equal To [var4_cb_betalt]

If the above passes it means the fields value differs from the previous meaning it was changed. After that you can do your matching for a value such as the below.

[cb_betalt] Does Contain 2012

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse2011

12 years 1 month ago #195171 by fribse2011
Ah, yes, I misunderstood, I'll give it a go, excellent, thanks!

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn