Auto action, send a mail when field is given a val

12 years 1 month ago #195229 by fribse2011
And it works like a charm, I can actually simplify it quite a bit, and just let it react on the change, and then put the change in the email, very nice.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195274 by fribse2011
Ok, I've been testing my head of here, in all kinds of scenarios, and I've come across a problem.

The rule fires way to much, is there a way, a log, to see what autoaction are performed?

The problem is that my action fires every time a field in the profile is changed.

My field definitions regarding membership looks like this:

My action looks like this:

My idea is, that for a member that's part of the groups hightlighted, where the payment status cb_betalt field is changed, ie. a payment is added, then a mail is sent, saying that the payment is changed, and what it's changed to.

Problem is, that no matter what field I change, the action executes.

This concerns me, as I can't see an error, and the other rules I've created to manipulate joomla groups are way more important, as that is about security.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #195296 by krileon
Reviewed source and var4 was incorrect for that trigger, sorry. It's var3. Please try the below.

[var1_cb_betalt] Not Equal To [var3_cb_betalt]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195336 by fribse2011
And NOW it works, weehee, now, is that for all triggers in autoaction?
I ask because that you say 'for that trigger' :-)

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 1 month ago #195342 by krileon
Nope, there's numerous triggers and they all have their own variables. Please see below tutorial for list of triggers and their variables.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195366 by fribse2011
Ahaa, now as a non programmer I need to be sure that I understand the list correct, so that if it reads:
onAfterUpdateUser', array( &$this, &$this, $oldUserComplete

The two this values are the same or?

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn