Splitting comprofiler into sub tables

12 years 3 weeks ago #196849 by mfleeson
Splitting comprofiler into sub tables was created by mfleeson
Hi
We have a very large amount of information to store for our members and mysql is failing with a length limit per row due to the number of varchar(255) fields.

I tried changing jos_comprofiler_fields 'table' to #__comprofiler_marksdata and created it with a single id (int) column. Running tools/fix fields then moved the selected fields into marksdata. What I want to know is do I need to add a CB id field to link back to the actual CB user to get it all working or will it use the existing id field?

Many thanks

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Splitting comprofiler into sub tables
You're hitting column length limits. Just change all the varchar(255) to text or varchar(125). Please search as we've provided numerous times how to do this using CBs XML and tools checker.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196864 by mfleeson
Replied by mfleeson on topic Re: Splitting comprofiler into sub tables
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for your comment. I did try bulk changing the columns to text instead of varchar but we still get errors of fields missing when running through the tools checks.

I wrpte

I tried changing jos_comprofiler_fields 'table' to #__comprofiler_marksdata and created it with a single id (int) column. Running tools/fix fields then moved the selected fields into marksdata. What I want to know is do I need to add a CB id field to link back to the actual CB user to get it all working or will it use the existing id field?

On trying to write data back after update I get an error saying field does not exist in #__comprofiler.

So I guess my real/next question is that of using tables other than comprofiler to store field data. Tools will write the fields into a sub table but when I try and update the field from the front end, I get an error saying the field cannot be found in comprofiler table. It looks like CB is mass writing all data back to the database whether changes have happened or not and it also looks like CB is ignoring the table field from the comprofiler_fields definition table.
It does use the table field when creating the fields but not when updating back.

Is this a bug, something I can hack code to sort or just a future item to be done?

Best Wishes

Mark

12 years 3 weeks ago #196874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Splitting comprofiler into sub tables
What is the error you're receiving exactly? It doesn't throw a missing field error when you've hit the limit. It tells you that the column size is exceeded and you can't save fields anymore in Field Management.

Please do not rename CBs core tables. Doing so likely will not work and will likely never work. CB is designed with its specific table names as is everything else regarding Joomla.

I've no idea what you've done to your database so I've no idea what to advise. Please revert all your changes to CBs tables and CBs core code. Core edits are not supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn