Real Name vs. Username

12 years 1 month ago #197065 by drdehart
Real Name vs. Username was created by drdehart
CB has a setting (Name Format) that also applies to GroupJive. We would like to have a different display in GJ vs the CB profile page. We would like to show real name (username) in GJ, but only username on the profile page. Is there a way to do that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197069 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Real Name vs. Username
You could use the username field on profile instead of the formatname field (move to a not shown on profile position) then configure the formatname field to display real name. Alternatively you can edit GJs source to change the field used from formatname field to whatever you want (name, username, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197082 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Real Name vs. Username
That helps, thanks - but formatname still shows at the top of the Profile page as the page title: First Name Last Name (username)'s Profile Page. We want only username to show in the title, but both real name and username to show in the GJ Members tab.

Is there a setting to selectively change that profile page title, or do we need to change the template?

12 years 1 month ago #197094 by krileon
Yeah unfortunately the page title is hardcoded. You maybe able to override it using CB Auto Actions with a code action and method as PHP on the before (maybe after?) profile display trigger. You'd then do the below.
global $_CB_framework;
$_CB_framework->setPageTitle( '[username]\'s Profile Page' );

Alternative is to edit source in comprofiler.php (sorry, can't help with that).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197190 by drdehart
Replied by drdehart on topic Re: Real Name vs. Username
one other thought - is there any plugin or possibility of individual users setting their own preferences of what shows in their profile?

12 years 1 month ago #197233 by krileon

one other thought - is there any plugin or possibility of individual users setting their own preferences of what shows in their profile?

Nope, but my above suggestion is still valid. You'd just substitute in a user editable field such as a text field instead of [username].

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn