Need "User Agreement" type checkbox - FB login

12 years 1 month ago #197106 by jonmejoy
Hello,

I can enforce user to accept my website's User Agreement via CB Registration Form. I need to enforce the same for users that log in with their Facebook/Twitter ID. I can't do that today because these users bypass CB registration.

I can't find a straight forward way to add, e.g. a User Agreement Accept checkbox (I am a Joomla/php newbie). My original plan was to provide a redirect url for users coming in via FB/Twitter and land them on a page that has the User Agreement checkbox. But I can't figure if this is the best way, if so, how to implement.

I am sure other users have faced this rather common scenario. Either way, please suggest a "best practice" way to implement this.

Many thanks!
Jonmejoy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197223 by krileon

I can enforce user to accept my website's User Agreement via CB Registration Form. I need to enforce the same for users that log in with their Facebook/Twitter ID. I can't do that today because these users bypass CB registration.

Facebook
Navigate to your Application then click Edit App. Now click "Auth Dialog" on the menu to the left. Once done specify your terms and conditions URL in the "Terms of Service URL:" parameter. Now save your App. You've now tied your terms and conditions to your Facebook application. Just to be safe you may also want to do the same under "Advanced" to ensure either/or display will result in the URL showing.

Twitter
You're basically out of luck as they have no such feature.

I can't find a straight forward way to add, e.g. a User Agreement Accept checkbox (I am a Joomla/php newbie). My original plan was to provide a redirect url for users coming in via FB/Twitter and land them on a page that has the User Agreement checkbox. But I can't figure if this is the best way, if so, how to implement.

You could set the first time redirect within CB Connect to send users to your terms and conditions page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197628 by jonmejoy
Thanks. Good FB tip. I am going to try it out.

I can land users coming in via Twitter to my T&C page. But I can't figure how to create a checkbox and force the user to accept T&C in order to proceed. Note, my dilemma is that the user is already technically in my system after they logged in via Twitter. So if the user declines my T&C, I should have a way to clean up the user details in my system. Ideally, I am looking for a way to have the user log in via Twitter, land them in a walled garden, and then populate my user db once they accept my T&C

Actually, in my way of seeing things, I like to see a checkbox _before the user can click Twitter button. That checkbox would pop up a message asking the user to first accept T&C, then when accepted, enable Twitter button for login. But I can't find developer resources to crack this.

Ideas?

Jonmejoy

12 years 1 month ago #197736 by krileon
Latest releases of FBC and TC now support Email Page and TOS Page. Meaning if a user trys to join with an invalid email they'll be forced to supply a valid one. Also if you've TOS enabled it'll present them a page to accept the terms. Users failing to provide valid email or accepting TOS will remain "Blocked".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn