create email based on date

12 years 1 month ago #197170 by tgribble
create email based on date was created by tgribble
hello

is it possible to have emails sent out based on database dates, without the specific member having to login?

i understand you can make a trigger , if the member logs in, check membership expiry and the remind member days to expiry etc, but what about the member who does not login regularly?

is it possible to have a trigger similar to the "Akeeba Backup Lazy Scheduling" whereby if the site is accessed, the trigger is made to access the database and check who is within say 30 days of membership expiry and email them?

any help would be great

thanks

( happy easter )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: create email based on date
If you were using CBSubs you could simply use the CBSubs Mailer plugin. However, I've no idea what subscription management you're using.

At any rate to answer your question, no. You'll need a Joomla system plugin that performs whatever check you're wanting it to check during the page rendering process (this would fire on every page load, so be careful with your usage) then do whatever action you're wanting it to do if the check is met.

It can also be done with a CB plugin, but is going to require a CB action to take place. You could for example perform your check when the after login CB trigger is fired, but check all users instead of just the user logging in. That should resolve the problem of infrequent users not receiving anything. This implementation would work even if you had only 1 active user.

CB doesn't currently have access to Joomla triggers; this will be available with CB 2.0 where we'll be providing an official system plugin to route Joomla triggers into CB triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn