Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Actions - changing fields before payment

12 years 1 month ago #197293 by MasterNABO
Joomla! 1.5.26
CB 1.8
CBSubs 1.3.0 RC2

I have set up an Auto Action on a Field to prefix an id number with a 9 at Registration to create a membership number. I used the Field Action with the onAfterUserRegistration Trigger. That sets the membership number to 9nnn where the id is nnn.

However, when the CBSubs payment takes place and the item code is created (e.g. S5-997-18 where the id is 997), the prefix has not yet been added, but the prefix is required.

Without a description of the Auto Actions Triggers, I am at a loss to know if there is a Trigger which will add the prefix before the CBSubs item number is created. My guess, and that is all it can be without knowledge of the code, would be StartSaveRegistration or BeforeRegistration.

Can you confirm which, if either, of these will achieve my objective?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #197315 by krileon
CBSubs takes place before the after registration trigger. You may want to try the before registration trigger and see if that'll work. As I can not see the source either your guess is as good as mine. I recommend testing a few of the triggers to see which will do the trick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197800 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: Auto Actions - changing fields before payment
I have tried both the BeforeRegistration and StartSaveUserRegistration triggers, but neither ends in the field being updated, let alone being done at the right time.

If anyone can suggest another way of achieving this, I would be grateful. Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #197852 by krileon
Ah, right. There's a bug in CB that'll cause field updates during registration to fail. Please see the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3354

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197857 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Re: Auto Actions - changing fields before payment
So can I safely replace my administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php
with the version in forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3354 ,
or should I wait for CB 1.8.1?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 month ago #197869 by krileon
Yes, the file included is a pre-patched CB 1.8 file. You'll need to first ensure you've CB 1.8 installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon