memory error cb subs 1.3.0rc2

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197382 by serjo
memory error cb subs 1.3.0rc2 was created by serjo
First off: I hvae read your FAQ about memory errors...
Then I ran the phpmemtest and this is the result:
You have allocated 149M (156865896) memory in this php script (I changed it to go beyond 100)

I have first allocated 128mb in my php.ini then I even took out the memory limit completely: memory_limit -1

My debug however shows: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 414677 bytes)

I am running my own VPS and there is only this one website on it for now.
The error shows up in numerous places: Right after the registration, before the message about Registration received. Sometimes the user receives the email, but after confirming, only gets a blank page (again a memory error).

Where else could the problem be? Any ideas anyone?

Update: I have now tested this on 3 completely independent VPS with different php.ini settings and I always get blank screens in various places! Every php limit is set to 128mb and they run PHP 5.3.8 and 5.2.17 - it seems this really is a cbsubs/cb problem.

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197392 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: memory error cb subs 1.3.0rc2

serjo wrote: First off: I hvae read your FAQ about memory errors...
Then I ran the phpmemtest and this is the result:
You have allocated 149M (156865896) memory in this php script (I changed it to go beyond 100)

I have first allocated 128mb in my php.ini then I even took out the memory limit completely: memory_limit -1

My debug however shows: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 414677 bytes)

I am running my own VPS and there is only this one website on it for now.
The error shows up in numerous places: Right after the registration, before the message about Registration received. Sometimes the user receives the email, but after confirming, only gets a blank page (again a memory error).

Where else could the problem be? Any ideas anyone?

Update: I have now tested this on 3 completely independent VPS with different php.ini settings and I always get blank screens in various places! Every php limit is set to 128mb and they run PHP 5.3.8 and 5.2.17 - it seems this really is a cbsubs/cb problem.

Did you read this one?
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18200-checking-your-php-memory

It looks like you are only getting 67M of PHP memory.

12 years 1 month ago #197394 by serjo
Replied by serjo on topic Re: memory error cb subs 1.3.0rc2
did you read my post? I did read the FAQ...it's actually the very first thing I did
I did run the phpmemtest and it goes to 256mb without problems, besides of that my info.php shows 256mb (also in Joomla)

using:
CB v2.0.x
CBsubs v 4.1.x
Joomla 3.3+
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #197396 by nant

serjo wrote: did you read my post? I did read the FAQ...it's actually the very first thing I did
I did run the phpmemtest and it goes to 256mb without problems, besides of that my info.php shows 256mb (also in Joomla)

Yes I did read your post.
But the error message you are getting indicates that you are only getting 68M which is wierd if you say that php tester goes further.

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

12 years 4 weeks ago #197916 by nant
The error you are seeing is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87677 bytes) ....

So, it looks like something is limiting scripts on your website to in fact allocate anything more than 64M.

Properly coded scripts (like CB) typically use conditional statements like @ini_set( 'memory_limit', '64M' ); to allocate at least 64M if existing (PHP) setting is less than 64M.

Your mod_news_pro_gk4 script was forcing a memory limit of 64M (no condition was checked). This basically ruined memory allocation for everyone.

Please verify that this is the case.

Unfortunately as Kyle internally stated:

"...just another case of ***** dev work hurting us again, lol.. bane of my existence..."

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn