[SOLVED] Password changes not registering

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #197515 by bigtuner
Hello Everyone

I deleted a test registration directly from the database, resulting in an id number in one table but not in others. I thought I had fixed it by removing the id; I guess I should always use CB to interact with the user database.

I then set up the same hashed password for all users by using a SQL statement on the db.

I tested by clearing the database cache, the site cache, registering a test user, logging out, changing my password and logging in again; no problem. I also changed the password on an existing test account; no problem as well.

I then changed the hashed password in the database table xxxxx_users for a user who could no longer get in. But my tester said that while he can get in with the temporary password that changes made to the password in the Mt Profile > Update Profile page are not registered (although other changes to the profile are made). When they try to change their password, a notification comes up stating:

"This email already registered"

Again, when I change one of my test accounts, I can change the password no problem, but others receive the error message.

Try to change the password on the My Profile > Update Profile page and you get the error message "This email already registered".

Any help/insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

184.173.230.211/en/

Ps. - any easy way to add users in bulk?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197525 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Password changes not registering
There's nothing we can really do for you as you've directly broken your database. Best I can suggest is run CB tools and let it synchronize your users to see if it can fix the problem. If still not resolved then delete the user in Joomla then run the tools again so it can remove them from CB properly. Never delete anyone directly through database.

Ps. - any easy way to add users in bulk?

CB Juice using CSV files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197532 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Password changes not registering
Thank for the prompt reply.

Yeah, I blew it.

Just deleted everyone (except myself; fortunately this is not a live site. Going to try CB Juice for adding folks. Can I then go into the db and give everyone the same password or is there a way to do that in CB Juice? Guess I'll find out.

Dan

12 years 1 month ago #197535 by krileon
When you import with CB Juice just specify all their passwords as the same and it'll hash them for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197681 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Password changes not registering
Hello Everyone

Joomla! 2.5
Community Builder 1.8
SobiPro

My registered users are from all over the world. The old db was collated _swedish and that seemed to work. The db on the new server is utf8_general_ci, and that works for sobipro entries, I can store names in sobipro and all the characters render, but not for registering users through CB.

So, now that the database is built, can I change the collation on certain fields including fields associated with registration from _general to _swedish? I'm specifically referring to fields in the k1n2a_users and k1n2a_comprofiler tables of the uniconex_joomla db. how else might I register users with accented characters?

Also, I have a field in xxxxx_users table for lastname. It shows up in the CB User management; I can't change existing names understandably, but I can't add a new last name as part of a new entry from CB User Management either.

_comprofiler.lastname seems to be getting entries from _users.name.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Dan

12 years 4 weeks ago #197744 by krileon
I suppose you could change the collations, but Joomla and CB expect UTF8. The _users table should never be alterted. Do not add columns to it or your install will never work properly. Please remove any you have added. _users should not have "lastname". It has a singular "name" column.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn