[SOLVED] Password changes not registering

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197754 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Password changes not registering
Hello Krileon

Yes, I figured that out over the weekend and meant to come back here and delete or change my post, but didn't get around to it; sorry for that.

Regarding the collation, its utf8_general_ci for the entire database; all accents seem to be produced except for the apostrophe in the username and name fields.

I noticed that while you can have accents, like Mónica in the username, you cannot have an apostrophe as in O'Connor in the username, and hence in the name field as well. Also, I have several 2-character lastnames, so they will never have their correct last name listed.

"Please enter a valid Username:. No spaces, more than 2 characters and contain 0-9,a-z,A-Z".

I think I added the extra field early on after reading too many posts and manuals.

Thanks for your reply!

dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197759 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Password changes not registering
I believe you need to use ` rather then ' as Joomla/CB sees ' as HTML (single quote) and probably removes it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197785 by bigtuner
Replied by bigtuner on topic Re: Password changes not registering
Hey now krileon

YES! ` instead of '. Thanks for that tip!

Dan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn