payment gateways - "leaving the site"

12 years 1 month ago #197619 by mothersofboys
payment gateways - "leaving the site" was created by mothersofboys
My site currently is using CBSUBS with a PayPal integration.

If I switch to a new gateway - like eWay or Authorize.net - when the user is taken to the payment page - will they be exiting the site as it does with Paypal - or will the payment process be completely internal to the site ? (( I hate that users have to leave my site to go to paypal, make the payment, and then be returned to my site)

thanks
LRG of MOB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #197745 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: payment gateways - "leaving the site"
Authorize.net is on-site payments so no, but you'll need SSL support with a valid certificate. This often requires static IP provided by your host in addition to the certificate of course (neither of which are free). eWay works the same as PayPal if I recall correctly; most gateways function like this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #197750 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: payment gateways - "leaving the site"
SSL is in place....

Still looking for an anti-PayPal solution. If they user has to leave the site - then so be it .... as long as it's not PayPal, I'm happy.

thx

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197761 by krileon
I suppose Authorize.net (on-site) would be suitable or even 2CO (off-site). If you don't mind me asking, what do you have against PayPal? It's the most widely accepted online payment solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #197762 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: payment gateways - "leaving the site"
1. withdrawal limits to account
2. high interest rates
3. if using a 'subscribe' button - user has to have paypal account or create one
4. it takes user away from your site during purchase process
5. lack of customer service - they don't even have a toll free phone #!! - and what customer service you do get is awful
6. customers that have been burned before by paypal's crazy account antics refuse to use paypal ever again. {{ This is the second site I've built using paypal where my base or regular site users refuse to do biz with paypal }}

LRG

12 years 1 month ago #197766 by krileon
I see, in that case if off-site is still ok for you then a great alternative is 2CO. We've had wonderful responsiveness from them. Otherwise if you absolutely want on-site you could go for Authorize.net as probably best (only?) option.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn