[SOLVED] cannot access private section of the site

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #197805 by tgribble
joomla 2.5.4 CB 1.8

i just installed an auto action whereby if the membership date has expired, the usergroup is changed from member > public. this seems to be working fine ( img 1 )

when a test member then who has been changed to public tries to login, i would hope they would be able to access their profile ( to allow them to update their membership ) via the CB profile menu. they get the following message ( img 2 )

the CB profile menu config is hopefully correct.

the backend config is set to all registered users, (i have tried everybody and public too )

what i would like to happen is via auto action, if the member tries to login they get sent to public usergroup if membership expired, whereby they can only see the public pages and their profile information. when they update, ( via another auto action ( which works ok ) they get reinstated as members and can view members area )

any ideas to get rid of the issue?

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago #197868 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: cannot access private section of the site
Public can't access anything. You need to keep them as Registered (I guess that's now renamed Member?). You may want to extend the Registered to give more permissions. Example as follows.

Public
- - Registered

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 weeks ago #197907 by tgribble
Replied by tgribble on topic Re: cannot access private section of the site
i see. thanks. that makes sense. will try it today.

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #197912 by tgribble
tried what you suggested. here are some images.
just still getting the error even with registered membership. ie the registered member cannot login , they get the error and cannot see their profile.

the image 7 ( error message ) is when a registered user tries to login.

12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #197915 by tgribble
SOLVED...

It turned out to be purely a Joomla! issue. Since i had made Registered the parent of Member, I had to go to Global Config and set the permission to be able to Site Login To "Allowed" for Registered.

After which the Registered could login to see their profile, but none of the Member info.
Thanks for the tips at the beginning.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn