Show content depending on cbsubs Plan

12 years 4 weeks ago #197856 by pjfroelofs
Show content depending on cbsubs Plan was created by pjfroelofs
We have a community website, where members will get discounts in web-shops of third party partners.

We want to show different coupon codes depending on the subscribitionplan:
- a regular visitor of the website: will not see any coupon-codes
- a free subscription member: will see a couponcode to get a 5% discount
- a paid subscription member: will see a couponcode to get a 10% discount

My idea is to have a web-page, for every partner. And showing those discount coupon codes on that page.

What I need is some way to test if somebody just visits the website, is a free member or a paid member.
And depending on that, showing no codes, 5% codes of 10% codes.

I did find the CB substitutions and CB content bot, to show database fields. But I have no idea how to do that test.

Can somebody give me some advice?

Patrick Roelofs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago #197876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Show content depending on cbsubs Plan
Easiest approach is to just make a delimiter field and protect that field using CBSubs Field Tabs Protection.

Another option is to create a Joomla content article for each subscription then protect it using CBSubs Content. This would give each plan its own coupon page basically.

Alternative is to use CB Query Field to get a users subscription (please search, just provided this not 2 days ago) then use that query field in a substitution IF statement to conditionally show/hide coupon codes in a Joomla article or on profile with a delimiter field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn